Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars with white chocolate topped with sweet cream cheese icing, tart dried cranberries, and a sweet white chocolate orange drizzle.
Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars
Starbucks White Chocolate Cranberry Bliss Bars are a treat made of a super moist and chewy white chocolate blondie base and topped with a delicious sweet icing. Studded with cranberries and white chocolate chips then drizzled with melted white chocolate that has just a hint of orange juice, we make these bars all year long and it feels like Christmas never ends.
Starbucks somehow has this magic touch, once the magic red cups are released it feels like the holidays are upon us. That’s how it feels when the Cranberry Bliss Bars are released for the season.They aren’t a classic Iced Chocolate Brownie in white chocolate form, but instead they’re super chewy, like a fresh baked cookie right out of the oven, and the generous frosting on top helps them stay that way if you’re good about keeping them stored in an airtight container.
The Cranberry Bliss Bars are easy enough with a white a classic blondie base and a deliciously smooth orange white chocolate icing. The main notes for this recipe are that you want to be very careful not to over bake these bars. When they come out of the oven they may even look slightly under, but like a cookie that is just barely set in the middle these bars are authentic when really soft and chewy.
A good baking pan for this would be a square coated pan which will give you the distinct sharp edges of the original bars. You also want to really take the time to whip the frosting for a few minutes, the cream cheese really takes a bit of time to get to a good consistency.
HOW LONG WILL Starbucks Cranberry bliss bars KEEP?
Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars will last in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about a week.
HOW TO STORE Cranberry bLiss Bars
Cranberry Bliss Bars should be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container because of the cream cheese in the frosting. If you cut them into squares, they’ll be moist for about 2 days. Wrap each square in plastic wrap to help them stay moist for a bit longer. If you haven’t cut them and they’re still in the pan you can keep them in the refrigerator frosted and covered for up to a week.
CAN YOU FREEZE cranberry bliss bars?
Bliss Bars are perfect for making ahead and freezing. Defrost them overnight in the refrigerator before serving, the frosting may have some condensation on it so if needed dab at it gently with a paper towel before serving.
Want to make these the perfect copycat Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars? Here’s some tips:
- Cut them into triangles instead of squares, that’s the classic Bliss bar shape.
- Do not over-bake, it will dry out the bliss bars, these are very moist bars.
- The unique flavors of these bars aside from white chocolate and cranberries are ginger and orange, don’t skip them.
- Orange juice will add great flavor but you can use chopped candied orange peel, fresh orange zest, 1/4 teaspoon orange extract or even powdered orange peel in its place.
- Ground ginger or candied ginger both work great in this recipe but fresh ginger would be too strong of a flavor.
More Brownies and Bars:
- Salted Caramel Brownies
- Fresh Strawberry Crumb Bars
- Cookie Dough Brownies
- Oreo Chunk Brookies
- Creamy Lemon Crumb Bars
- Peanut Butter & Strawberry Jelly Bars
Starbucks White Chocolate Cranberry Bliss Bars (Copycat)
- Yield: 24 bars
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Course: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Dinner, then Dessert
Cranberry Bliss Bars
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar , packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries , divided
- 3/4 cup white chocolate melting disks , melted
Frosting and Toppings
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x8 baking pan with baking spray or use butter and flour to coat it.
In a large bowl whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar and vanilla then add in the egg.
Add in the flour and salt, ground ginger 1/2 cup of cranberries and 3/4 cup white chocolate chips and whisk again and stir until just combined, then put it into the baking pan and bake for 18-20 minutes.
Melt the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute in 30 second increments.
- In your stand mixer add the cream cheese, 3/4 of the white chocolate you just melted, 3 cups of powdered sugar, orange juice and beat on medium high for 2-3 minutes until the mixture to be really light and fluffy.
Spread the frosting on the bars, sprinkle on the 1/4 cup of cranberries and drizzle on the 1/4 cup melted white chocolate.
Yield: 24 bars, Amount per serving: 238 calories, Calories: 238g, Carbohydrates: 37g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 24mg, Sodium: 55mg, Potassium: 60mg, Sugar: 32g, Vitamin A: 190g, Vitamin C: 0.3g, Calcium: 37g, Iron: 0.4g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.