Triple Chocolate Cookies are an easy, chewy, bakery-style cookie with milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate and white chocolate chips in just 30 minutes!
How do you take a Chocolate Chip Cookie to the next level? By adding lots of chocolate, chocolate, and even more chocolate! Get ready for chocolate chip overload with this decadent, chocolatey Cookie Recipe.
TRIPLE CHOCOLATE COOKIES
To a chocolate lover, aka a chocoholic, the only thing better than chocolate is more chocolate. These cookies are full of chocolate chunks and milk chocolate chips, all in an a fudgy, chocolatey cookie dough and baked to chewy perfection. Are you drooling yet?
Triple Chocolate Cookies are made for your inner chocoholic. While you can certainly add in white chocolate chips or other baking chip flavors, this cookie recipe is all about bringing out that true chocolate flavor. This recipe uses unsweetened cocoa powder for the cookie dough that’s as rich as your favorite brownie.
These Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies go great with a big glass of milk or as the base of an ultimate ice cream sundae. Below you can find recipes below to make one completely homemade! Talk about a decadent dessert you can feel good about.
The best part about these Triple Chocolate Cookies, after the chocolatey goodness, is that they are so easy to make. They come together in minutes, rest for just a bit in the refrigerator to keep them thick and chewy, and they bake in about 10 minutes.
Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfect for cookie exchanges, holiday parties, gifts, or anytime your inner chocolate lover needs an extra special treat. Plus, chocolate flavor goes with just about everything so you can mix in so many other ingredients that you like!
Perfect Homemade Triple Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream Sundae:
MORE CHOCOLATE COOKIE CLASSICS:
HOW TO MAKE TRIPLE CHOCOLATE COOKIES
- Mix wet ingredients: Cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix dry ingredients and combine: In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until well combined. Fold in the three types of chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough: Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes so that the dough doesn’t spread too much when baking.
- Prepare cookie sheets: Cover two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Scoop the dough onto the cookie sheets.
- Bake: Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet to prevent breaking.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON TRIPLE CHOCOLATE COOKIES
- Baking Chips: Give your chocolate cookies bursts of flavor with peanut butter chips, mint chips (great for the holidays!), or salted caramel chips.
- Melted Chocolate: Dip your cookies halfway in melted chocolate. Microwave either white chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips in a glass bowl, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Nuts: Stir in some chopped walnuts, or your favorite nuts, to give your cookies some crunch!
- S’Mores: Make these into campfire inspired cookies by folding in Marshmallows cut in to small pieces. Roll half of your cookie dough in graham cracker crumbs.
- Espresso: Bring out the chocolate flavor and give your cookies a richer dark chocolate taste by adding a tablespoon of instant espresso powder to your cookie dough batter.
Tips for making Triple Chocolate Cookies
- Soften your butter to room temperature. Melted butter will cause the dough to spread and flatten. If the butter is too cold, it won’t cream and form air pockets. Air pockets make your cookies light and fluffy.
- Press a couple chocolate chips into the top of the cookie dough once it’s been scooped onto the baking sheet. This way you will for sure get plenty of chocolatey melty bits in each bite.
- To get perfectly chewy cookies, bake them until the edges are set and slightly browned. It’s going to be harder to tell since they are dark from the chocolate, so keep an eye on them.
MORE DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE LOVER RECIPES:
HOW TO STORE TRIPLE CHOCOLATE COOKIES
- Serve: Keep Triple Chocolate Cookies in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
- Store: You can store your cookies longer in the fridge for up to a week. To get your cookies chewy again, pop in the microwave for about 15 seconds.
- Freeze: Freeze your cookie dough or baked cookies for up to 2 months in an airtight container. Freeze cookie dough on a baking sheet for an hour before transferring to a freezer bag.
- 1 cup unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix just until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, then cover the bowl and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop the dough onto the pan using a large cookie scoop.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are set, yet soft in the middle.