Truffle Mousse Burgers are perfect for your summer cookout!
Truffle Mousse Burgers are the perfect burger for your summer cookout or anytime you want a special occasion burger. These taste like you went to the fanciest steakhouse in town and ordered the burger you’d expect to come dipped in gold because of the price tag but you made them at home so you can have your own little victory dance for saving a bundle of money.
The first time I made Truffle Mousse Burgers was a few years ago when I had a party at home for some friends and I’d made a charcuterie plate for a friend who was completely enamored with them (think EVERY time we would go out…boom orders the charcuterie plate). So I had some small slices of a variety of patés and mousses and my brilliant husband asked if I could make some sliders and top them with the leftover slices. It was….heaven.
So fast forward a few years and I was at a food show when I came across the awesome folks at Alexian Paté and told them how much I loved their products and how we enjoy them in more ways then served with crackers and it was a marriage made in heaven. They were happy to work with me and bring you these delicious Truffle Mousse Burgers for you all to enjoy. PLUS they are totally sponsoring an awesome giveaway which you can enter below. It’s full of an amazing variety of products, picnic gear AND a Le Creuset serving tray. If you win, just promise me you’ll try these burgers, they…are… amazing.
Look at that deliciously peppered patty, melted provolone, generous slice of Alexian Truffle Mousse and sautéed mushrooms. Pretty sure dad would enjoy this served for a Father’s Day meal, don’t you think?Not going to lie, kind of drooling precariously close to my laptop now. OK OK, without further ado, lets get to the recipe and to the giveaway, I know you all want Truffle Mousse Burgers of your own and you can find them by going to their store locator on the Alexian website. They also have a great selection of recipes you can look through as well!
- 1 1/3 pound ground Chuck Beef (or 85/15)
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 large leafs of lettuce
- 1 large tomato , sliced
- 1 Alexian Truffle Mousse (5 ounces)
- 4 thick slices Provolone Cheese
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms , sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- In a hot cast iron skillet, add the butter, some salt and black pepper (to taste, I used ¼ teaspoon of each) and mushrooms and sauté until browned then set aside.
- Personal preference, I made 8 patties out of the 1 ⅓ pounds of beef, you could easily do 4 thicker patties, but you're looking for ⅓ of a pound of beef for each burger.
- Slice your Alexian Truffle Mousse into 4 even slices and add each one to the top of a slice of provolone cheese.
- Season your patties generously with Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- In a searing hot cast iron skillet, cook your patties to just shy (about 30 seconds) of your desired doneness, I go with medium.
- Place the cheese and Alexian Truffle Mousse on top of your patties in the pan, about 30 seconds before they're done cooking.
- To the bottom bun add the patties with their toppings, then some mushrooms, lettuce and tomato before adding the top bun.
- Mayonnaise would be a great spread here so it doesn't compete with all the other flavors in your burger, the Alexian Truffle Mousse is very flavorful, so Provolone and mayonnaise are good complements.