Avalanche Cookies are easy no bake cookies with chocolate chips, peanut butter, white chocolate marshmallows and rice krispies in under 20 minutes!
No Bake Desserts are easy to make and a fun way to get kids to help out in the kitchen. We love these cookies along with Classic No Bake Cookies, Chocolate Fudge, Peanut Butter Fudge and Homemade Turtle Candies.
AVALANCHE COOKIES (NO BAKE)
These Avalanche Cookies are an easy no-bake cookie you’ll love made with white chocolate, peanut butter, marshmallows, chocolate chips and rice krispie cereal. They’re like mini chocolate chip peanut butter rice krispie treat bites that you can make in 20 minutes and they’re perfect for lunchboxes, after school snacks or even holiday baking!
How To Make Avalanche Cookies:
Avalanche Cookies are as simple as making Rice Krispies Treats. First you melt the white chocolate disks, then stir in the peanut butter and marshmallows until they’re combined fully before adding in the cereal and the chips. Finally you scoop them out with an ice cream scoop and top them with additional mini chocolate chips.
More ways to decorate your Avalanche Cookies:
- Melted chocolate drizzled over the top
- Melted peanut butter chips drizzled over the top
- Chocolate jimmies/sprinkles
- Dip the bottoms in melted chocolate
CAN YOU FREEZE avalanche COOKIES?
Since the entire cookie is coated in chocolate you can freeze these no bake Avalance Cookies and simply pop out a couple anytime you’d like to enjoy them.
HOW DO YOU STORE avalanche COOKIES?
No bake cookies can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for about a week, or two weeks in the refrigerator.
When making the Avalanche Cookies it is best to let them harden in the refrigerator before storing them in your airtight container.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
WHAT TYPE OF CEREAL DO YOU USE FOR AVALANCHE COOKIES?
Rice Krispie Cereal are the preferred cereal for Avalanche Cookies though some people like to use Cheerios in their place. You can also use a gluten free cereal of your choice.
TIPS FOR MAKING avalanche COOKIES
- You can use white chocolate or you can use any other variety of chocolate you’d like too. Milk chocolate works great in this recipe too.
- Check the white chocolate disks every 30 seconds (do not microwave for longer than 30 seconds at a time).
- If you’d like to add more flavor you can add extracts like vanilla, rum or almond extract.
- You can replace the creamy peanut butter with chocolate peanut butter to make this dessert more indulgent.
- Use certified gluten free rice krispies cereal to make these cookies gluten free.
- I like to use a small 2 tablespoon scoop measure to make the cookies the same size, keep the cookies from getting too warm and cut down on the mess.
- You can also add chopped peanuts on top or inside the cookies.
- Don’t use natural peanut butter for this recipe because it has a tendency to not have as much structure as the regular creamy peanut butter variety.
- Swap out peanut butter in favor of Nutella if you don’t like peanut butter.
- Top with flakey sea salt for a sweet and salty flavor.
- To keep messes to a minimum use parchment paper to stop the cookies from sticking and also to make cleanup easier.
MORE COOKIE RECIPES
- Melt the white chocolate in a large microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments until completely melted and smooth when stirred then add in the peanut butter and marshmallows and stir well until smooth then let cool for 2 minutes.
- Add in the rice krispies cereal and ½ cup of the chocolate chips and stir gently until combined then scoop with a 2 tablespoon measure onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top immediately and let harden completely before serving.