Baked Oatmeal is an easy way to make oatmeal with rolled oats, brown sugar, milk, cinnamon, vanilla and butter. Best baked oatmeal recipe with mix-in ideas!
Our Breakfast Casserole is a favorite go-to quick Breakfast for a crowd. This healthy oatmeal is just as quick, delicious and crowd-sized. It tastes like Oatmeal Cookie you can eat for breakfast guilt-free!
Once you try Baked Oatmeal you may never go back to making stove-top or microwave oatmeal again! This one bowl oatmeal recipe is just as easy to mix together in minutes and it comes out perfectly moist and flavorful every time. Make Baked Oatmeal for a holiday breakfast or as a healthy weekly meal prep breakfast option.
This simple Baked Oatmeal recipe is great for busy mornings. It comes together in just one bowl with ingredients you have in your fridge and pantry. Our Baked Oatmeal recipe is buttery and sweet, with hints of vanilla, brown sugar, and cinnamon. It truly has that wonderful flavor of fresh baked oatmeal cookies.
Baked Oatmeal is a warm and satisfying breakfast topped with a little cinnamon sugar or maple syrup. Serve Baked Oatmeal with fresh fruit and berries, like blueberries, apples, peaches, cherries, or bananas. Add warm milk or cream and your favorite chopped nuts for a healthy, hearty breakfast. You could serve this Baked Oatmeal as a dessert with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream or Whipped Cream.
Tips for Baked Oatmeal
- The flavors of this Baked Oatmeal recipe are kept simple so that you easily can pair with any of our mix-in ideas found below.
- Use rolled oats, instant oats, or steel cut oats for this Baked Oatmeal recipe. You don’t want to use quick oats, or they will overcook and dry out.
- Don’t let the oat mixture sit too long in the milk mixture before baking or you will get mushy oats.
- Make a double batch if you want to make this Baked Oatmeal ahead as a meal prep. Bake as usual, cool and store in freezer.
- You can bake this oatmeal recipe in individual portions for breakfast for one. Prepare as usual and bake in well-greased ramekins for 25-30 minutes, or until set.
MORE EASY BREAKFAST IDEAS
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS AND MIX-IN IDEAS FOR BAKED OATMEAL
- Apple Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal: Fold in a 1 cup apple chunks (diced in ½ inch pieces) to oatmeal mixture. Bake as usual. Mix 5 teaspoons melted butter, ½ cup brown sugar, ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon and drizzle over warm oatmeal. Top with vanilla icing.
- Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal: Replace 1 egg with 2 ripe bananas and reduce milk to ½ cup. Add ¼ cup creamy peanut butter and mix really well with the wet ingredients before adding dry ingredients. Bake as usual and serve with sliced banana coins.
- Blueberry Baked Oatmeal: Stir in ½ cup chopped pecans and ½ cup fresh blueberries when you add dry ingredients. Top with another ½ cup blueberries and bake as usual. Try with 1 tablespoon lemon juice for lemon blueberry oatmeal!
- Bread Pudding Baked Oatmeal: Add a ½ cup raisins (or dried cranberries) and 1 tablespoon orange zest to the oatmeal. Top with the warm vanilla sauce from our Cranberry Bread Pudding recipe.
- Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal: Replace ½ cup milk with ½ cup Pumpkin Puree and add 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice. Serve with graham cracker crumbs and cream.
- Simple Mix-In Ideas: Add up to a ½ cup of mix-ins like Craisins, flaked coconut shreds, chocolate chips, chopped almonds, walnut pieces, cherries, or mixed berries. Add your favorite fruits like apples, pears, peaches, or mango, diced into bite-size pieces. Mix in ¼ cup nut butters like almond butter, peanut butter, or cashew butter.
MORE DELICIOUS BREAKFAST RECIPES
HOW TO STORE BAKED OATMEAL
- Serve: This Baked Oatmeal can be kept at room temperature for up to 2 hours before it needs to be refrigerated. Baked Oatmeal is best served warm.
- Store: Keep Baked Oatmeal covered with plastic wrap or transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 1 week. Reheat with a couple tablespoons of milk in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until hot.
- Freeze: Once cooled, cover Baked Oatmeal dish with plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Freeze Baked Oatmeal for up to 6 months and thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Reheat in the oven, covered with foil, in the oven on low heat. Stir in milk if too dry.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 1 cup brown sugar , packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x8 pan with baking spray.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add in oats, cinnamon, baking powder and salt and whisk well to combine.
- Add mixture evenly to your baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes, until set in middle.