Sheet Pan Pancakes with mixed berries and homemade pancake batter let you make pancakes for a crowd without standing over the oven!
SHEET PAN PANCAKES
Sheet Pan Meals seem like they may be more trendy than most other one pot meals but don’t let this trend fool you. Sheet pans are a versatile and amazing tool to utilize in your kitchen for meal prep.
Some of our sheet pan meals on the site include Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken, Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken and Vegetables, Sheet Pan Peanut Chicken and Vegetables and Sheet Pan Korean Chicken and Vegetables. They’re all a full meal on a single tray!
I’ve cooked entire holiday dinners on sheet pans and this breakfast prep on a sheet pan is the perfect example of how hands off a brunch or breakfast for a crowd can be.
Pancakes are a fan favorite in most households but because they are hands on work for the person cooking they aren’t a favorite for parties. Someone always gets left behind in the kitchen stuck at the pan flipping pancake after pancake.
Then you have the issue where the first pancakes out are getting cold while everyone else is waiting for their pancakes.
Sheet pan pancakes solve this issue with ease. Plus, you can bake off a couple sheet pans at a time and fill them each with different toppings so you can even offer different flavors.
Breakfast? or Dessert!
If you want to skip breakfast and make these for dessert you can top them with Vanilla Ice Cream or Homemade Cool Whip, using the pancakes as a makeshift Easy Strawberry Shortcake stand-in, in a hurry. Then top it off with Easy Chocolate Ganache (Just 2 Ingredients!), Easy Strawberry Topping or Easy Pineapple Topping.
How to make Sheet Pan Pancakes:
- Make your classic pancake batter and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Spray your baking sheet well with baking spray or butter and flour.
- Heat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Pour pancake batter in even layer onto baking sheet and add toppings.
- Bake for 15 minutes then brush on some melted butter before serving.
Sheet Pan Pancakes using a Pancake Mix:
- 4 cups Bisquick Pancake Mix
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- Mix the pancake mix, eggs and milk together and let sit for five minutes before adding to the greased sheet pan.
- Top with the strawberries and blueberries and bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
Sheet Pan Pancake Mix-in Ideas:
- Chocolate Chips – Semi-sweet Chocolate chips are usually the most popular option, but you can also just mix a few flavors or choose your favorite.
- Fruit – Want a different fruit? Any of your favorites (short of watermelon) will work. We love slices bananas as a second favorite option.
- Diced Apples – Yes this is a fruit too, mix these apples with a bit of cinnamon for an additional depth of flavor.
- Lemon and Poppy Seeds: Lemon zest, lemon juice and some poppy seeds would add a bright fun flavor. Some small pockets of ricotta cheese spooned on top would make it even more indulgent.
- Peanut Butter – Peanut butter chips to the batter and top with a warmed fruit sauce or jam. Best PB&J ever.
- Nutella – Add small spoonfuls of Nutella then swirl it in with a toothpick before baking for the ultimate pancake experience. You can’t go wrong with Nutella.
- Make your own homemade syrups like my maple with cinnamon added or my cinnamon roll icing from my Cinnamon Roll Pancakes with Icing.
More Breakfast Favorite Recipes:
- Eggs Benedict – the ultimate in Brunch recipes! with Easy Hollandaise recipe.
- Overnight French Toast – just five minutes of prep time the night before your get together.
- Easy French Toast Bake – no overnight prep needed, but the crispiest topping ever!
- French Toast – the best Classic French Toast recipe EVER.
- Corned Beef Hash – This recipe comes straight from my favorite Irish restaurant.
Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Course: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 1 cup strawberries , sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Add the dry ingredients and whisk together, then add the wet and combine fully.
- Spray a half-size baking sheet with baking spray and pour the pancake batter onto the pan, spreading evenly.
Put the strawberries and blueberries evenly over the batter and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.
Yield: 8 servings, Amount per serving: 454 calories, Calories: 454g, Carbohydrates: 80g, Protein: 13g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 61mg, Sodium: 174mg, Potassium: 636mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 10g, Vitamin A: 400g, Vitamin C: 12.4g, Calcium: 277g, Iron: 4.7g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.