Big Mac Pasta Salad is a fun twist on a summer side dish! Easy cheeseburger pasta salad with McDonald’s special sauce, topped with sesame seed bun croutons!
BIG MAC PASTA SALAD
Copycat Recipes like McDonald’s Big Mac Sauce aren’t just for recreating original fast food favorites. You can use the sauce in so many creative ways like Big Mac Sloppy Joes, Big Mac and Cheese, or this delicious pasta salad! This burger themed salad, with all the Big Mac toppings, is sure to be a hit at your next cookout or summer party.
The copycat Big Mac Sauce is really the star of this pasta salad. Unlike similar recipes, or even Big Mac Salads with no pasta, this is a spot on McDonald’s special sauce. It has just the right amount of mayonnaise, relish, and vinegar, plus French dressing so you don’t need a bunch of spices. For the best taste, make the sauce night before and allow all the flavors to soak in.
Big Mac Pasta Salad is a fun potluck or party dish that will surprise and delight everyone! From the tender pasta cooked just right to the seasoned ground beef, to the amazing dressing, this side dish will be a hit. We loaded Big Mac Pasta Salad with all the fixings you’d find on the famous double cheeseburger, but feel free to adjust to your favorite burger toppings too.
The second best thing about Big Mac Pasta Salad after the special sauce is the homemade croutons! Sesame seed buns get diced into bite-sized pieces and tossed in oil and little bit of garlic salt. Then they are baked until browned and crispy for the ultimate crunchy salad topping, even better than Texas Toast croutons. Make extras and freeze for up to 6 months!
If you want a homemade McDonald’s dinner night, you need to serve this Big Mac Pasta Salad with Big Mac Sloppy Joes or grilled burgers. This pasta salad makes a light summer lunch with a side of Fruit Salad. You can leave out the hamburger meat and serve it as a side with BBQ favorites like Pulled Pork Sandwiches!
MORE EASY CHEESEBURGER RECIPES
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON BIG MAC PASTA SALAD
- Pasta: Any small pasta will work in Big Mac Pasta Salad like small shells, rotini, penne, ditalini, or fusilli pasta. You could also swap in boiled diced potatoes for a Big Mac Potato Salad.
- Veggies: Add in other pasta salad ingredients or burger toppings like chopped dill pickles, sliced avocado, corn, and diced red or green bell peppers.
- Meat: If you want to make Big Mac Pasta Salad lighter, use ground turkey or Grilled Chicken. Indulge with chopped crispy bacon for a Bacon Big Mac Pasta Salad.
- Dressing: If you don’t want a homemade dressing, substitute Thousand Island dressing. For another classic burger taste, try with Shake Shack Sauce!
- Cheese: Substitute any shredded cheese like mozzarella cheese, provolone, pepper jack or Colby Jack cheese. For a really creamy dish, use Velvetta cheese that has been diced or grated.
MORE EASY SUMMER DISH RECIPES
HOW TO STORE BIG MAC PASTA SALAD
- Serve: This Big Mac Pasta Salad is best if you chill it for a few hours before serving. Keep at room temperature no more than 2 hours.
- Store: Store Big Mac Pasta Salad without the croutons in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. The croutons can be kept in a bag at room temperature for about 3 days.
- Freeze: You shouldn’t freeze Big Mac Pasta Salad, the dressing will collect moisture and separate. You can freeze the hamburger bun croutons for up to 6 months in a sealed freezer safe bag.
- 2 sesame seed buns , diced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss buns with canola oil and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Add to baking sheet and cook for 6-8 minutes until toasted.
- Let cool while pasta cooks.
- Cook the elbow pasta according to the directions on the packaging, then rinse under cold water.
- Add beef and onion to a large skillet and cook on medium high heat, breaking it apart as you cook, 6-8 minutes.
- Let beef cool.
- Add the pasta, relish, tomatoes, lettuce, cheddar, big mac sauce and cooled beef to a large bowl and toss gently.
- Top with Croutons and serve (if you toss croutons they'll get soggy if it sits for too long).