Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake is wonderfully thick, rich, and creamy with a tangy flavor from lemon juice and fresh blueberries.
The sour and sweet flavors from the fresh lemon juice and blueberries are the perfect addition to a classic New York-Style Cheesecake. Fruit adds a refreshing twist making it the perfect Dessert Recipe for spring and summer.
BLUEBERRY LEMON CHEESECAKE
Creamy Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake with fresh blueberries sprinkled over the top is perfect to serve for a special occasion! Each bite is bursting with flavor from the fresh lemons and berries. The blueberries sprinkled on the top also give it a beautiful color that makes a great centerpiece at any table. For an even more beautiful presentation, try arranging slices of lemon on top as a garnish.
The lemon cheesecake base is made easily with cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, and sugar. Then the filling is flavored with lemon juice and zest. After you’ve combined the ingredients all you have to do is pour them into the Graham Cracker Crust, top it with blueberries, and bake.
The baked cake needs some time to chill before slicing. Then you’ll have the perfect summer dessert ready to serve to friends and family! The citrus flavor, juicy fruit, and cold cake will help everyone stay nice and cool. It’s sure to be everyone’s favorite Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake.
MORE CHEESECAKE RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING BLUEBERRY LEMON CHEESECAKE
- Prep: Start by preheating the oven temperature to 350 degrees. Fill a large pan with water to prep your water bath. Then wrap your springform pan in a piece of aluminum foil, so the cake is protected from the water bath. The water bath is important because the consistent water temperature helps the cheesecake to bake evenly so that the center will cook without overcooking the edges.
- Crust: Put the graham crackers in your food processor and pulse to break them into crumbs. You could also put them in a large ziplock bag and break them with a rolling pin. Then mix them in a bowl with the granulated sugar and melted butter. Use your hands to press the crust into the springform pan in an even layer.
- Cheesecake batter: Add the softened cream cheese and sugar to your stand mixer and set the electric mixer to high speed until they are light and fluffy. Lower the speed, and then add the eggs, sour cream, vanilla, lemon zest, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of flour to the cream cheese mixture. Mix until the batter is well combined. Then spread the mixture into the crust.
- Blueberries: In a separate bowl, toss together the blueberries and flour. Sprinkle the coated blueberries over the cheesecake filling.
- Baking time: Place the pan in the water bath and put it in the oven to bake for an hour. After the hour, turn off the heat and slightly open the oven door. Let the heat release naturally for another hour. Remove the cheesecake from the oven, and remove the foil. Let it chill in the fridge before serving.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON BLUEBERRY LEMON CHEESECAKE
- Crust: Instead of a graham cracker crust you can use Nilla Wafers or Vanilla Oreos. Simply break the cookies into crumbs, just like you would the crackers, then mix the crumbs with the ¼ cup sugar and 6 tablespoons melted butter. Press the mixture into the pie plate and pour in the filling as usual.
- Fruit: You can add other delicious fruits to your recipe. Raspberries, strawberries, cherries, or cranberries would all be great to make a Mixed Berry and Lemon Cheesecake. You could also replace the lemon with orange juice and orange zest for a different kind of citrusy base.
- Toppings: Cheesecake is even more delicious with your favorite dessert toppings spooned over it. You can add a little more lemon zest or Lemon Curd for some extra tart flavor. Or, spoon some Cool Whip or Stabilized Whipped Cream on top.
- Sweet Blueberry Sauce: Another topping option is making your own blueberry sauce. To do this, add 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, ½ cup water, ½ cup sugar, and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, then mix together 2 tablespoons water and 2 tablespoons cornstarch. Mix in the cornstarch slurry to thicken the sauce, and then serve over your cheesecake slice.
MORE BLUEBERRY RECIPES
HOW TO STORE BLUEBERRY LEMON CHEESECAKE
- Serve: Make sure the cake has enough time to set in the fridge before you take it out to slice and serve. You can leave it out at room temperature for up to 2 hours.
- Store: Store any leftover cake covered or in an airtight container in the fridge. It will stay good for 3-4 days.
- Freeze: To keep the Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake longer, store it in the freezer for up to 6 months. For easy storage, put the whole cake in the freezer for about 2 hours to set. Then you can put the individual slices in an airtight container or freezer bag with the layers separated by parchment paper for long-term storage.
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs , (12 full crackers)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese , softened (3 blocks)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flour , divided
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries , fresh
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and wrap a 9" springform pan in a large piece of foil to protect from the water bath, and a large pan of water you can set the springform pan in to bake.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter together then press it into the springform pan in an even layer.
- To your stand mixer add the cream cheese and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Lower the speed to medium and add in the eggs, sour cream, vanilla, lemon zest, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of flour until smooth.
- Mix blueberries and remaining flour and add to the cheesecake filling.
- Carefully spread the mixture on the crust.
- Place the pan in the water bath and bake for 60-70 minutes or until it no longer jiggles in the center.
- Turn off the oven, open the door a couple of inches to let the heat out gently, and let cool for an hour then remove from the oven.
- Remove the foil.
- Chill completely before serving.