Caramel Apple Crumb Cheesecake is made with tart apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, a creamy cheesecake filling, buttery graham cracker crust, and caramel drizzle.
This Caramel Apple Crumb Cheesecake is an amazing combination of flavors. Taking inspiration from classic Caramel Apples, the green apples, tangy cream cheese filling, brown sugar crumble, and Caramel Sauce are all combined into one perfect seasonal Dessert.
CARAMEL APPLE CRUMB CHEESECAKE
If you have any huge cheesecake fans in your house, it is so fun to come up with new flavors and ingredients to add to a classic cheesecake mixture. This version is made with juicy apples, brown sugar streusel, and caramel topping. The combination of textures and sweet and tart flavors makes for a delicious dessert idea that’s an absolute dream served with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream.
The apple slices are coated in cinnamon and nutmeg. Those warm spices with the fruit give the cheesecake a taste that’s similar to Homemade Apple Pie. Combining that with the cheesecake layer puts a completely new twist on this ultimate fall dessert.
The fall and winter months are the perfect time to serve this Caramel Apple Crumb Cheesecake. You could even make it as one of your Thanksgiving desserts. It’s a fun and unexpected alternative to traditional pies.
MORE CHEESECAKE RECIPES
BAKING TIPS FOR CARAMEL APPLE CRUMB CHEESECAKE
- Prep time: Heat the oven temperature to 350 degrees, and wrap a 9″ springform pan in a piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil. The foil will protect the cake from the water bath. Speaking of the water bath, you also want to fill a large pan with water.
- Graham cracker crust: Add 12 graham crackers to your food processor and pulse to break them into coarse crumbs. Then add the crumbs to a medium bowl with granulated sugar and melted butter. Mix the ingredients, then press them into an even layer in the pan.
- Cheesecake Batter: Add the softened cream cheese and sugar to your stand mixer. Mix at high speed until the cream cheese mixture is light and fluffy. Then lower the speed and add in the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Continue mixing until the cheesecake ingredients are smooth. Spread the cheesecake layer over the crust.
- Apple layer: Slice the apples into small pieces. If you want to keep the diced apples from browning, you can toss them in some fresh lemon juice. Toss the apples with a teaspoon cinnamon and ¼ teaspoon nutmeg. Scatter apples over the cheesecake layer.
- Crumble mixture: Add the all-purpose flour, brown sugar, oats, and chilled butter to a separate bowl. Use a pastry blender or fork to mash the ingredients together. Sprinkle over the apples.
- Cooking time: Place the cheesecake in the water bath and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Then turn off the oven and open the door so that the heat escapes slowly. Let the cheesecake cool for an hour before removing it from the oven and taking off the foil.
- Caramel sauce: Add the caramels and heavy cream to a microwave-safe bowl. Then microwave at 50% power in 30-second increments. Stir between each session until the sauce is creamy and smooth. Drizzle it over the cheesecake. Make sure you allow enough chilling time so it’s all cool before slicing and serving.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CARAMEL APPLE CRUMB CHEESECAKE
- Crisp topping: To add a little crunch to the brown sugar crumble, try mixing some chopped nuts into the streusel topping. Almonds, pecans, or walnuts would all taste amazing with the Caramel Apple Crumb Cheesecake.
- Apple pie cheesecake: Another way to enjoy sweet apples with cheesecake is by using Apple Pie Filling. Instead of sprinkling on apple slices, pour apple pie filling over the cheesecake before baking. Because of the liquid topping, the final product will be much gooier.
- Ginger snap crust: One way to make this recipe even more seasonal is with a ginger crust. Instead of graham crackers, break ginger snap cookies into crumbs to use for your crust. The ginger flavor will taste great with the apples and caramel.
MORE APPLE DESSERT RECIPES
HOW TO STORE CARAMEL APPLE CRUMB CHEESECAKE
- Serve: After baking the Caramel Apple Crumb Cheesecake, you don’t want to leave it at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Store: If you have any leftovers, cover the cheesecake and store it in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Freeze: You can also freeze carefully sealed cheesecake for 3 months. Let it thaw in the fridge and then leave it at room temperature for 30 minutes to soften it before serving.
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs , 12 full crackers
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese , softened (3 blocks)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Granny Smith Apples , peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , room temperature, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream , at room temperature
- 1 cup caramels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and wrap a 9 inch springform pan in a large piece of foil.
- Fill a large pan with water.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter together then press it into the springform pan in an even layer.
- To your stand mixer add the cream cheese and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Lower the speed to medium and add in the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla until smooth.
- Carefully spread the mixture on the crust.
- Mix apples, cinnamon, and nutmeg and spoon over the cheesecake filling.
- Add flour, brown sugar, oats, and diced butter to a bowl and mash it together.
- Sprinkle mixture over apples.
- Place the pan in the water bath and bake for 1 hour.
- Turn off the oven, open the door a couple of inches to let the heat out gently, and let cool for 1 hour then remove from the oven.
- Remove the foil.
- Add caramels and heavy cream to a microwave-safe bowl and melt on 50% power in 30-second increments until smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle over the cheesecake.
- Chill completely before serving.