Chewy S’mores Magic Bars are gooey, melty easy summer dessert bars made with graham cracker crumbs, cereal marshmallows, chocolate chips, and sweetened milk.
Chewy magic bars are quick and easy treats that start with a graham cracker crust and are loaded up high with favorite baking ingredients. These campfire-inspired S’mores Magic Bars are the perfect summer dessert. Make them for parties and potlucks, or whenever you’re craving sweet chocolatey marshmallow flavors.
Instead of being layered like classic Magic Cookie Bars, these S’mores Magic Bars recipe ingredients are all mixed together and smoothed in the pan. Then you top the bars with chocolate chips and marshmallow bits for more s’mores flavor before baking until golden and melty. These bars are deliciously sweet without any extra sugar added.
S’mores Magic Bars are sort of like a super gooey, caramel chocolate chip cookie made with graham cracker crumbs instead of flour. Since the graham crackers act like the flour in the “dough” for this bar recipe, you can eat it raw. No need to worry about little kitchen helpers licking the spoon or sneaking chocolate chips from the batter!
MORE DELICIOUS S’MORES RECIPES
- Grease: These bars are extra sticky so be sure to grease the pan well. Spray your baking dish generously with baking spray or coat with oil and sprinkle lightly with flour. You could also use parchment paper.
- Condensed Milk: Sweetened Condensed Milk is made by cooking milk and sugar over low heat until it is thickened like a syrup. You can make your own but the canned milk is just as good and much easier to bake with.
- Serve: Allow these bars to cool completely and set before cutting and serving. If you try cutting them while they are hot, they could fall apart. If you use parchment paper, it will be much easier to remove the bars from the pan and cut them.
- Chocolate Drizzle: Who doesn’t want more chocolate? After your bars are cooled, add a chocolate drizzle with Chocolate Ganache. You could also add another layer of flavor with Salted Caramel Sauce!
Create a free account to Save Recipes
- Chocolate S’mores Magic Bars: For intensely chocolate flavor, swap 1 cup graham cracker crumbs with 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs, either from Oreo cookies or other crispy chocolate cookies.
- Peanut S’mores Magic Bars: Peanut butter lovers can make these with creamy peanut butter, peanut butter chips, and peanuts sprinkled on top for marshmallow chocolate peanut butter goodness!
- Chocolate Chips: You can mix the chocolate chips you use, either completely replacing the semisweet chocolate chips or just half the chips with white chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, or seasonal baking chips.
- Cookies: Instead of honey graham cracker crumbs, you can use any crispy cookie crumbs like vanilla wafer cookies, chocolate graham crackers, or ginger snaps.
- Candy: Sprinkle up to ½ cup candy or nuts with the chocolate chips and marshmallows. You can also swap the candy for the ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. Try candy-coated chocolates, butterscotch chips, chopped walnuts or pecans, or chopped candy bars.
MORE KID-FRIENDLY DESSERTS:
HOW TO STORE
- Serve: Chewy S’mores Bars will stay good at room temperature for up to 1 week, covered in a cool dry place. If stacking in a container, place parchment paper between layers to keep them from sticking together.
- Store: Store these bars in the refrigerator, especially if room temperature is really warm, in an airtight container. Keep refrigerated for up to 3 weeks and let sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes before serving.
- Freeze: You can freeze Chewy S’mores Bars for up to 6 months in a freezer-safe container. Bring to room temperature before serving so they are soft and chewy again.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips , divided
- 1 cup cereal marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8×8 baking dish with baking spray.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, salt, condensed milk and 1 cup chocolate chips until well combined.
- Pour into baking dish and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle over the cereal marshmallows and remaining ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before slicing.