Easy S’mores Cookies are summer in cookie form made with graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips and mini cereal marshmallows in just 30 minutes!
S’mores Cookie Recipe
S’mores Cookies that actually taste like S’mores, not a chocolate chip cookie with marshmallows and they won’t be messy to eat like my classic hershey S’mores Recipe (made 4 ways!). The secret is in the addition of the graham cracker crumbs that replace part of the flour mixture in the recipe. I’m sharing this recipe to celebrate an awesome cookbook. This is from my friend Hayley’s book, Two In One Desserts. Go Buy it Now!
These S’mores Cookies are a best cookies for summer but they’d also be an unexpectedly awesome dark horse to be your favorite cookie addition to your Christmas Cookie rotation. One bit of these S’mores Cookies and December will feel like a nice warm summer day.
Some people like to make these S’mores Cookies with graham crackers, like actual chunks of graham crackers in the cookies. While this can look pretty the graham cracker can actually get pretty dry in the oven and won’t have a moist flavor. These S’mores Cookies without graham crackers are actually made instead with graham cracker crumbs which have moisture added in by the wet ingredients in the dough.
The use of marshmallows in this recipe is specific to cereal marshmallows. You don’t have to buy Lucky Charms to pick out marshmallows for this recipe you can find them in a parmesan cheese style shaker at the grocery store (this brand) or on Amazon in varying sizes including these GIANT bags.
If you use mini marshmallows in your recipe for these S’mores Cookies what will happen is the mini marshmallows will expand with the heat of the oven then they’ll shrink back down at the cookies cool. You’ll have dried shells of marshmallows without any moisture inside. If you’d like to find a way to use fresh marshmallows I’d highly recommend using them to make a gooey marshmallow cream filling that you can use to make the best ever gooey smore cookie sandwiches.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
The recipe calls for semi-sweet chocolate chips but you can use milk chocolate in place of the semi-sweet. The next time you make them you can also chop up hersheys chocolate bars or use chocolate pieces to use in addition to the mallow bits in making these delicious cookies.
Can you freeze S’mores Cookies?
You can place fully baked cookies in an airtight plastic ziplock bag and freeze for 2-3 months. Defrost on the counter for a few hours before eating.
This cookie dough also freezes really well. Using a cookie scoop, just scoop the dough onto a baking sheet, and freeze for about an hour. Then transfer the dough balls to an airtight container, using parchment paper between each layer.
When you’re ready to bake, you can place the frozen cookie dough right onto a baking sheet. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and bake for 12-15 minutes. Because the dough is frozen they will take an additional few minutes to bake. They may also be less wide as they bake because they will take shape before the centers have fully defrosted.
If you’d like your cookies to be shaped normally be sure to defrost the dough fully in the fridge before baking.
LOOKING FOR MORE COOKIE RECIPES?
- Chocolate Hersheys Kiss Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Monster Cookies
- Chocolate Turtle Cookies
- Flourless Chocolate Chewy Cookies
Looking for more S’mores Recipes?
- S’mores Brownies
- Graham Cracker Cupcakes filled with S’mores Cookie Dough
- How to make S’mores (4 Ways!)
- Eggless S’mores Cookie Dough
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs , finely ground
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup marshmallow bits
- In your stand mixer cream the butter, brown sugar, and sugar together until fluffy and lightened then add in the eggs and vanilla and beat untill fluffy.
- Add in the baking soda, corn starch, salt, flour, and graham cracker crumbs until a thick but soft dough forms then fold in the marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Remove the beater from the bowl, add saran wrap and let chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours then preheat your oven to 350 degrees and scoop the dough into tablespoon sized scoops onto a silpat silicone liner on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (the middles may look slightly wet still) and let cool completely before removing from baking sheet.