Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread is a super moist easy recipe made with grated zucchini, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and lots of chocolate chips!
If you’ve had our easy Chocolate Zucchini Bread, then you know how amazingly scrumptious this unlikely flavor combination can be. Zucchini makes this quick bread super moist and the melted chocolatey bursts bring a perfect balance of sweetness. If you have picky eaters, you don’t need to tell them there are veggies in this bread but it’s so yummy they probably won’t even care!
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread is easy to make and you don’t even need an electric mixer. All you need is one bowl, a cheese grater, and a good whisk to make this delicious zucchini bread. With only a handful of pantry ingredients, you can make this bread anytime you have an extra zucchini or two. Its a freezer friendly bread so you can also make a few loaves at a time.
This Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread is sweet and rich, without being overly heavy or sugary. You can make it for a healthier dessert or serve it for a quick breakfast with a cup of coffee. If you want to take this tasty bread on the go, bake the batter in a muffin tin for Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins. Mini loaves of Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread make a delicious edible gift for special occasions and holidays.
Other Delicious Quick Bread Recipes
Tips to Make Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Quick breads like Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread are heavier than cakes so to keep the bread from being too dense, don’t over-mix the batter.
- Sift the dry ingredients so that there are no clumps and they will mix easier. Fold in the wet ingredients until just combined, meaning there are no visible dry spots.
- Using a cheese grater with the larger holes, shred zucchini and drain on a paper towel to absorb extra moisture. If you use a fine grater, too much liquid will be released and make your bread watery.
- Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips gently right before you add to the loaf pan and bake immediately so they stay evenly distributed and don’t sink to the bottom.
- Frost this Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting or top with Chocolate Ganache to make it a sweeter dessert.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
Variations on Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Chocolate Chips: Swap semi-sweet chocolate chips with dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, or mini chocolate chips. You can also add baking chips like toffee bits or butterscotch chips.
- Spices: Add up to 1 tablespoon total of warm spices like Pumpkin Pie Spice, ground nutmeg, ground cardamom or ground allspice for even more flavor.
- Nuts: Fold in ½ cup toasted and chopped pecans, walnuts, pistachios, or almonds for a little nutty crunch. You could also add golden raisins, dried cranberries, or other dried fruit for flavor and texture.
- Banana: Combine two favorite bread flavors by adding 1 ripe banana to your wet ingredients and reduce to 1 cup grated zucchini and ⅓ cup vegetable oil.
- Cream Cheese: Soften 8 ounces cream cheese and mix with ¼ cup powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla, stirring until smooth. Add half the bread batter to the loaf pan, dollop cream cheese mixture and swirl. Repeat with remaining batter and cream cheese mixture.
- Sour Cream: Add up to ½ cup sour cream to make this Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread melt in your mouth good. You could also use buttermilk, plain greek yogurt, or vanilla yogurt.
- Muffins: Grease a muffin tin or line with paper liners, then fill each up 2/3 full with the Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean with moist crumbs.
More Chocolate Chip Recipes
How to Store Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Serve: Keep Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread at room temperature for up to 5 days covered with plastic wrap or sealed container. Line the container with a paper towel to absorb moisture.
- Store: Refrigerate the Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread wrapped tightly in plastic wrap or in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Bring to room temperature to serve or warm in the microwave.
- Freeze: Cool bread completely and wrap individual slices or the full loaf in aluminum foil and store in a freezer safe bag. Freeze Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread for up to 6 months and thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray the 9×5 loaf pan with baking spray.
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- In a second large bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, vanilla and sugar.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Add in the zucchini and mini chocolate chips and mix well.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until it springs back when touched then let cool for 15 minutes before removing from loaf pan.