Chocolate Zucchini Bread is a moist, rich and chocolatey quick bread recipe that is full of flavor and texture, and is easy to make. You won’t even taste the zucchini, just rich chocolate flavor!
I’ve made some pretty extravagant desserts, like Iced Banana Nut Bread, Apple Fritter Bread and Gooey Monkey Bread, but what if you want a thick, moist chocolate dessert bread that is still impressive but a little more geared towards cozy nights in?
CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI BREAD
Chocolate zucchini bread is dairy-free, delicious and easy, with a ton of flavor and a classic look. This is also great if your garden did extra well this year and you’ve run out of other zucchini recipes (this may be one of your new favorites.)
Classic Zucchini Bread is delicious to begin with, but when you add chocolate it reaches a whole new level. With the texture of bread and the richness of chocolate cake it’s amazing just how many different occasions you can make it for.
Plus, the cook time for this quick bread makes it so that you don’t have to spend the whole day waiting for the timer to ding. First time trying chocolate zucchini bread? You are in for a treat.
HOW DO I MAKE CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI BREAD?
- Grease 9×5 inch loaf pan and dust them with flour.
- In a large bowl, microwave half the chocolate until it is smooth and completely melted.
- In a mixing bowl, stir the large eggs, sugar, oil, grated zucchini, vanilla and chocolate together.
- Stir in your dry ingredients (the all purpose flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon).
- Once they are blended with the wet ingredients, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake them until you can insert a toothpick into the center of a loaf and it comes out clean.
* The baking time can change depending on your oven and altitude.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
WHAT DO I SERVE WITH IT?
If you want to eat your zucchini bread as a dessert, here are some rich, delicious main courses that won’t fill you up so much that you can’t enjoy it.
- Chili Relleno Casserole: you can’t beat a casserole for a comfort food, and this one is absolutely delicious. It’s got something for everyone (layers, cheese and a hint of spice), and you’ll have more than enough for leftovers tomorrow.
- Classic Pot Roast with Vegetables: A classic dinner recipe you don’t have to watch, it bakes at the same temperature so you can put them in the oven together and remove the cake when ready
- Classic Beef Meatloaf: Speaking of classic American comfort foods, meatloaf is quick, easy and hearty.
- Baked Mac and Cheese: meatloaf and Mac and cheese go together like salt and pepper, and they both go great with a chocolate zucchini bread dessert.
If you’re fresh out of zucchini but have way too many bananas hanging around, you should try this recipe for Chocolate Banana Bread.
How long does Chocolate Zucchini Bread Keep?
- Serve: if you keep it in an airtight container, zucchini bread is good for about 3 days at room temperature, although it may start to get stale. So don’t worry if you left the bread out last night, you can still have a slice.
- Store: your leftovers will last a bit longer in the fridge. If you wrap the loaf up in plastic wrap, it will stay good for about 1 week.
- Freeze: you can freeze leftover zucchini bread for about 2 to 3 months. In order to enjoy it while it’s still moist, I would recommend thawing it and eating it before you hit the 3 month mark.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter and flour a 9x5 loaf pan.
- Melt ½ cup of the chocolate chips in a small bowl (I use the microwave and melt in 30 second increments).
- Whisk together the eggs, sugar, oil, grated zucchini, vanilla and chocolate.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and the remaining chocolate chips then pour it into your loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes or until it springs back when touched.