Chocolate Oreo Cheese Ball is the perfect sweet appetizer to put out at your next holiday party. Made with cream cheese, oreo crumbs, and powdered sugar.
CHOCOLATE OREO CHEESE BALL
This recipe turns out creamy, sweet, and chocolatey. The cream cheese brings a slight tang to the Oreos and other sweet ingredients so the sugar isn’t overpowering. It’s a kid-friendly dessert and an Oreo lover’s dream! Plus this Oreo Cheese Ball is easy to throw together and ready for the fridge in minutes. Make it a couple of hours before serving to give it time to harden, or make it days in advance and it will stay good in the fridge.
This is the perfect dish to serve at your next holiday party for a sweeter twist on a cheese ball. Just like Easy Oreo Cookie Butter, this is a great dessert dip that all your guests are sure to love. Just put it out on a party platter with your favorite dippers and see how fast it gets devoured.
DIPPERS TO SERVE WITH YOUR CHOCOLATE OREO CHEESE BALL
- Graham crackers
- Vanilla Wafers
- Apple slices
- Animal Crackers
- Teddy Grahams
MORE OREO RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE A CHOCOLATE OREO CHEESEBALL
- Mix: Put Oreo cookies in a food processor to make 1 ½ cups of crumbs, or use a rolling pin to mash them yourself. Add the cream cheese, butter, a cup of Oreo cookie crumbs, and vanilla to a stand mixer. Make sure the cream cheese is softened so it mixes easily with the other ingredients. Set the stand mixer to a low speed to combine. Add in the powdered sugar and brown sugar, and continue mixing until well combined. Then use a spatula to fold in Oreo chunks.
- Shaping: Lay a rectangle piece of plastic wrap on the counter and put the Oreo and cream cheese mixture in the middle. Wrap the cheese ball and form it into the shape of a ball.
- Set: Refrigerate for 2 hours to give the Cheese Ball time to harden a bit. Roll it in the remaining crumbs before serving with dippers.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CHOCOLATE OREO CHEESE BALL
- Oreos: There are so many different kinds of Oreos, so you can easily change up this recipe by using different flavors. Try using Mint Oreos, Chocolate Oreos, Red Velvet Oreos, Vanilla Oreos, or Cake Batter Oreos.
- Extra Chocolatey: To add some extra chocolate flavor to the cream cheese mixture apart from the Oreo crumbs try adding in half a cup of cocoa powder. Add it to the stand mixer at the same time as the powdered sugar and brown sugar.
- Add-ins: For some add-ins try mixing in mini chocolate chips, pretzel pieces, crushed brownies, M&Ms, Reese’s pieces, or broken apart candy bars. You could also mix in some peanut butter with the cream cheese for a different.
MORE HOLIDAY PARTY APPETIZERS AND TREATS
HOW TO STORE A CHOCOLATE OREO CHEESE BALL
- Serve: Don’t leave your Chocolate Oreo Cheese Ball at room temperature for more than 2 hours, otherwise, the cream cheese will get too soft and the dairy will start to go off.
- Store: Kept wrapped in plastic wrap or in an airtight container, you can keep the Chocolate Oreo Cheese Ball in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freeze: As long as you keep your Chocolate Oreo Cheese Ball in an airtight container, it will stay good for up to 6 months in the freezer. Put it in the fridge overnight to thaw out before serving.
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1 1/2 cups Oreo Cookie crumbs , divided
- 12 Oreo cookie , broken into chunks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar , packed
- Add cream cheese, butter, 1 cup Oreo Cookie crumbs, and vanilla extract to your stand mixer on low speed until well combined.
- Add in powdered sugar and brown sugar until well blended.
- Fold in Oreo chunks.
- Put the mixture into the middle of a large rectangle of plastic wrap and wrap it into the shape of a ball.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Roll in remaining ½ cup Oreo cookie crumbs before serving with graham crackers and cookies.