Oreo Cookie Butter is a chocolatey, gooey dessert spread perfect for gifting, an ice cream topping, or eating by the spoonful. Made with only 4 ingredients!
OREO COOKIE BUTTER
It is no exaggeration to say this is one of the most amazing dessert spreads you’ll ever make. One tiny taste and you’ll agree that this Oreo Cookie Butter is quite literally life changing. It’s hard to believe that such a decadent chocolatey treat could be so simple, but this Oreo dessert is made in minutes with a few ingredients and no oven or mixer.
Oreo Cookie Butter is such an easy recipe, any one could make it as long as they have a microwave. You don’t even need a food processor, although it makes it much easier. If you don’t have a processor, remove the filling from the Oreos and place the cookies in a heavy plastic zipper bag. Crush with a rolling pin or other flat, hard object until a fine crumb. Melt the creme filling with the milk mixture before following the rest of the recipe.
If you like a chunkier cookie spread, chop up extra Oreo cookies to fold in. Make the Oreo Cookie Butter as usual and allow to cool on the counter for 10 minutes. Stir in the chopped Oreo pieces and then refrigerate at least an hour until set. Allowing the mixture to cool first keeps the Oreo chunks from dissolving and they stay crispy.
MORE DELICIOUS OREO RECIPES
This Oreo Cookie Butter is a great homemade edible gift, it will really wow the lucky person you give it to. No judgement if that person is yourself. For gifting, divide the Oreo Cookie Butter into small mason jars and use a handwritten recipe card as part of the gift tag. A beautiful black and white checkered ribbon would go with the cookies and cream flavor perfectly!
Technically you could make Oreo Cookie Butter with other ingredients, or even other cookies, but honestly this spread is perfection just the way it is. The only variation we would suggest is different flavors of Oreos, like peppermint Oreos at Christmas. Instead of variations or substitutions, we’ve got a list below of all the delicious ways you can use Oreo Cookie Butter!
Create a free account to Save Recipes
HOW TO USE OREO COOKIE BUTTER
- Brownies: Frost your favorite Brownie and Blondie Recipes with Oreo Cookie Butter. Obviously will want to use it to frost Oreo Brownies!
- Banana Bread: Oreos for breakfast? Add bananas and it’s definitely acceptable! Spread Oreo Cookie Butter on Banana Bread or Banana Crumb Muffins for an easy, special holiday breakfast.
- Cake: Drop spoonfuls of Oreo Cookie Butter into Peanut Butter Sheet Cake and swirl with a knife for a chocolatey surprise in every bite! Add cookie butter is best in sheet cakes since you don’t have to worry about the cake sinking.
- Milkshake: Make the most amazing easy Oreo milkshakes by blending Oreo Cookie Butter, Vanilla Ice Cream, and whole milk until thick and creamy. Top with Whipped Cream and crushed Oreos!
MORE DESSERT PANTRY STAPLE RECIPES
HOW TO STORE OREO COOKIE BUTTER
- Serve: Refrigerate Oreo Cookie Butter for at least 1 hour before serving so it has time to set. Serve at room temperature for up to 2 hours before storing in the refrigerator.
- Store: Seal Oreo Cookie Butter in a mason jar or other airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. Bring to room temperature to serve if you like the spread soft.
- Freeze: Oreo Cookie Butter does not freeze well. The butter and milk will separate when thawing and the cookie butter will not be creamy.
- 26 Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- Add the cookies to the food processor until finely ground.
- Add butter, condensed milk and evaporated milk to a medium microwave safe bowl and microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds.
- Stir and microwave for 30 seconds again at %50 power until completely melted.
- Add in the Oreo crumbs and stir until moistened.
- Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add in water and stir until mixture is smooth.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving (keep refrigerated).