Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Brownies are rich, chewy, fudge brownies with semi-sweet chocolate and peanut butter chips.
Homemade Fudge Brownies are our classic recipe, but be sure to check out all our Brownie Recipes.This recipe, filled with peanut butter chips, is a peanut butter lover’s dream come true!
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CHIP BROWNIES
This may not be breaking news but peanut butter and chocolate is one of the best flavor combinations in the world! In ice cream, cookies, cakes, or as these delicious brownies, putting chocolate and peanut butter together makes dessert magic. These chewy, fudgy brownies are the tastiest way to satisfy a chocolate peanut butter craving whenever it hits.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Brownies are an easy brownie recipe made from pantry items including unsweetened cocoa powder. Using cocoa powder means these delicious chocolate brownies are a one bowl, one pan recipe so clean up is just as easy as making them.
You can use unsweetened chocolate baking squares in this Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Brownie recipe if you prefer. Just melt 6 ounces of chocolate with the butter in the microwave before adding the eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract. You could also use dark chocolate chip for a bittersweet chocolate brownie!
MORE DELICIOUS PEANUT BUTTER RECIPES:
Melt Your Butter Gently
Melted butter seems like a simple step, but who among us hasn’t had the boiled over melted butter disaster? To keep the melted butter from becoming too hot, microwave in a glass bowl 30 seconds at a time until just a little over half melted. Stir gently and let the heat of the bowl finish melting the butter.
Enjoy these rich, fudgy Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Brownies with a big glass of cold milk about 10 minutes after they are done baking. Cooling the brownies a bit (as hard as it is to wait) makes cutting them nicely easier. Top your brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting or Vanilla Ice Cream for an extra special dessert!
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CHIP BROWNIES
- Peanut Butter Cups: If you are a Reese’s addict (who would blame you), mix in ½ cup mini peanut butter cups for half of the peanut butter chips.
- Peanut Butter Flavor: Really ramp up the peanut butter flavor by adding ¼ cup powdered peanut butter. If your brand has sugar added, reduce the sugar in this brownie recipe a little.
- Marshmallows: Peanut butter and marshmallows are best friends. Stir in a ½ cup chopped Marshmallows to your Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Brownie batter.
- Peanuts: Give your brownies some crunch by mixing in a ½ cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped. You can also add walnuts, pecans, or cashews!
- Chocolate Chips: Adding more chocolate is always a good idea. Mix in an additional ½ cup of your favorite chocolate chips, like dark chocolate chips or white chocolate chips.
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CHIP BROWNIE CUPCAKES
Make brownies more portable by baking them in a cupcake pan. Simply line 18 muffin cups with cupcake liners and divide batter evenly between muffin cups. For best results, reserve ½ cup of peanut butter chips from the batter. Once all the batter is in the muffin cups, sprinkle with remaining peanut butter chips. Bake for 25-30 minutes as usual.
MORE DELICIOUS BROWNIE RECIPES:
HOW TO STORE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CHIPS BROWNIES
- Serve: These brownies can be at room temperature for up to 4 days, covered tightly with foil or plastic wrap.
- Store: Store Chocolate Peanut Butter Chips Brownies in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Freeze: Cool brownies completely before placing in a sealed container and freeze for up to 6 months.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup peanut butter chips , divided
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8x8 inch baking pan with baking spray.
- Whisk together melted butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and ¾ cup of the peanut butter chips.
- Spread batter evenly into greased baking pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of peanut butter chips over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
These brownies are amazing! I used peanut butter chips and dark chocolate chips. I only used 3/4 cup of sugar. They are so moist & delicious. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Hi, would doubling this recipe and baking it in a 9×13 work?
Yes, though your brownies might be a little thicker. Also, assume a longer bake time. I always recommend making them in 2 8×8 especially if the crusty corner pieces are your family’s favorites, haha! Good luck!
These brownies are amazing! I love that it’s moist and not super sweet! My kids and husband enjoyed it and are asking for me to make it again this weekend.
I don’t blame them for wanting more. Thanks for the 5 stars, Natasha.
If you ask me, you can never go wrong with the chocolate & peanut butter combo! These look perfect. 🙂
These were SO good!! My family loved them and we have made them 3 times now!
I’d definitely call that a winner! Thanks for coming back to let me know.