Cinnamon Crackle Cookies are the perfect chewy cookies made with ground cinnamon, vanilla extract, brown sugar, and white chocolate chips in 25 minutes!
CINNAMON CRACKLE COOKIE
Cinnamon Crackle or Cinnamon Crinkle Cookies are the perfect blend of soft cookies, and warm cinnamon all with sugar rolled over the outside. Just like traditional Crinkle Cookies, these cinnamon cookies are perfect for the holiday season. You can serve them on a cookie tray for a happy holiday party or even leave them out on Christmas Eve for Santa. No matter what occasion, these tasty little cookies are sure to be one of your favorite cookie recipes.
There are so many fantastic cookies to choose from when you’re in the mood for baking. Cinnamon Crinkle Cookies are a great way to change things up from the standard Chocolate Chip Cookies. The Cinnamon Sugar Cookie recipe is still chewy, sweet, and wonderfully kid-friendly, but it’s also something a little different. It only takes one bite of a buttery cinnamon cookie to absolutely fall in love. The rich cookie just melts in your mouth for ultimate cinnamon cookie happiness!
If you make Cinnamon Sugar Cookies but don’t want to eat them all at once, they’re also great to make ahead. Put half the Cinnamon Cookies in the freezer to store them for months at a time and enjoy later
MORE DELICIOUS CINNAMON TREATS
TIPS FOR MAKING CINNAMON CRACKLE COOKIES
- Prep time: Start by preheating your oven and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Creamed mixture: Add the unsalted butter, 1 cup sugar, and brown sugar to your stand mixer. Make sure you only add 1 cup granulated sugar and set the rest to the side. Cream butter for 3 minutes on medium speed to high until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs and vanilla next.
- Dry ingredients: In a separate mixing bowl sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, cream of tartar, nutmeg, and salt. Pour the dry ingredients into the stand mixer and combine at the lowest speed, being careful not to overmix the cookie dough. If you don’t want to bake the cookies right away, cover the dough in plastic wrap and chill it in the fridge.
- No stand-mixer: To make the Cinnamon Cookies with no stand mixer, combine the ingredients in a large bowl with a handheld mixer.
- Bake: Put the additional sugar in a small bowl. Use a cookie scoop or regular spoon to make 1″ sized balls. Roll the cookie forms in sugar. Put the cookie dough balls on the baking sheet 2″ apart so there’s room to spread. Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden brown. For crispy cookies leave them in closer to 15 minutes. You can move the baked cookies to a wire rack to cool.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CINNAMON CRACKLE COOKIES
- Flour: Instead of making Cinnamon Cookies with all-purpose flour you could use whole wheat or whole grain flour. You could also do half whole wheat and half white flour mixture. For gluten-free Cinnamon Cookies, try almond flour, coconut flour, or oat flour.
- Sweetener: You can change up the sweetener in the recipe by replacing the granulated sugar with brown sugar, molasses, honey, or coconut sugar. You could also sprinkle powdered sugar over the top or a combination of powdered sugar and granulated sugar before serving.
- Mix-ins: For some delicious mix-ins try adding chocolate chips, cinnamon chips, dried fruit, or chopped nuts. You can mix in extra flavorings with the Cinnamon Crackle Cookies like a teaspoon almond extract or orange zest from an orange peel.
MORE DELICIOUS HOLIDAY COOKIE RECIPES
HOW TO STORE CINNAMON CRACKLE COOKIES
- Serve: You can keep fresh baked cookies at room temperature for up to 3 days. Let the warm cinnamon cookies cool, then you can keep them covered or in an airtight container.
- Store: Put the Cinnamon Cookies in the fridge for up to a week.
- Freeze: You can also freeze baked cookies. Traditional Crinkle Cookies will last for up to 3 months in freezer-safe bag.
- 1 cup butter , softened
- 2 cups sugar , divided
- 1/2 cup brown sugar , packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- To your stand mixer add the butter, 1 cup sugar (careful, do not add all the sugar here), and brown sugar for 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla until just combined.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, cream of tartar, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the stand mixer on the lowest speed setting until just combined.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips
- Add the remaining 1 cup sugar to a bowl.
- Scoop 1" balls into the sugar and roll.
- Place 2" apart on a baking sheet and bake for 13-15 minutes.