Croissant Club Sandwich Bake turns a classic sandwich into the perfect brunch recipe for a crowd with bacon, ham, turkey, and cheddar.
Just like Grilled Cheese Breakfast Casserole, this recipe is a new and fun take on a traditional sandwich. Although you’d typically serve a club sandwich for lunch, you could also make a warm Croissant Club Sandwich Bake as a Main Dish for Dinner.
CROISSANT CLUB SANDWICH BAKE
This sandwich bake is like no other dinner casserole or sandwich recipe out there. A Croissant Club Sandwich Bake has all the same delicious ingredients you’d get in a club sandwich from your local diner. Except instead of serving it cold, you get it in a warm casserole-like dish with crispy, oven-toasted croissant bread on each side.
We love turning favorite recipes into easy bakes. Baking everything together in one dish like this, makes it so easy to serve to crowd. Plus, because the recipe includes bread, meat, cheese, and veggies you get a full meal in one dish. For more recipes like this try Cheeseburger Casserole and Chili Cheese Dog Casserole.
To make this sandwich bake recipe work in an oven, there’s a flavorful egg mixture. Once you’ve put together all the sandwich layers, you pour eggs, sour cream, milk, salt and pepper over the the top. The egg mixture helps the ingredients to all bake together and makes the whole dish more creamy. It’s similar to what mayonnaise would typically do in a sandwich. Thanks to the cheese, sour cream, and milk the Croissant Club Sandwich Bake comes out moist and creamy, but the crust of the bread and bacon will still be wonderfully crispy.
MORE EASY BRUNCH RECIPES
How to Make Croissant Club Sandwich Bake
- Start by preheating the oven, and preparing the baking dish with cooking spray. Make sure not to skip this step, or the croissant will get stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Line the dish with the bottom of your 4 croissant halves. They’ll act just like the bottom of your sandwich.
- Next layer in the ham, turkey, cheddar, and bacon filling.
- Lay the top of the croissants over the filling. Try to make them line up with the croissants on the bottom.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, sour cream, salt and pepper. Once the mixture is smooth pour it evenly over the top of your sandwiches.
- Put the dish in your preheated oven. It should take 35-40 minutes to cook. You’ll know the Croissant Club Sandwich Bake is done when the top of the croissants become golden brown and crisp.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CROISSANT CLUB SANDWICH BAKE
- Meat: This easy sandwich bake has 3 different kinds of meat in it. However, if you’d prefer not to use all three you can just use more of the others. For example, if you don’t want turkey just use extra ham. You can also try using chicken breast in place of turkey, or use turkey bacon to replace the regular bacon.
- Cheese: Just like with the meat, you can experiment with the kind of cheese you use in your sandwich bake. Instead of cheddar, try using Swiss, provolone, muenster, or Jack cheese.
- Bread: If you don’t have croissants, try making the recipe with French bread, sourdough, whole wheat, white bread, or any bread you usually make sandwiches with.
- Flavor mix-ins: There are a variety of flavors you can add to the egg mixture. Try mixing in some mustard, lemon, or honey with the egg mixture. You could also add some herbs like dill, basil, or parsley.
- Toppings: Once you’ve baked your croissant sandwiches top it with any crisp veggies you usually have in your sandwich. Some great options are fresh lettuce, diced tomatoes, onion, and peppers.
MORE BRUNCH RECIPES
HOW TO STORE CROISSANT CLUB SANDWICH BAKE
- Serve: After you’ve baked this delicious sandwich bake, you shouldn’t leave it at room temperature for more than two hours.
- Store: Let your bake cool to room temperature, then store it in the fridge. Carefully covered or put in an airtight container, this dish will keep well for up to a week.
- Freeze: You can keep this recipe in the freezer for up to 3 months. Make sure to let it cool, then seal it in an airtight container.
- 4 croissants , halved
- 6 slices ham
- 12 slices turkey breast
- 1/2 cup bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese , shredded
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x10 baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
- Line the baking dish with the bottom half of the croissants.
- Layer with ham, turkey, cheese, bacon and the top half of the croissants.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, sour cream, milk, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Pour mixture over the croissants carefully and bake for 35-40 minutes until the custard is set and the croissants are golden brown.
- Top with shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes if desired.
Can you prep this make this ahead, and chill overnight like you do a strata? Then bake in the morning?
Wow I had never heard of something like this, but it looks absolutely delicious! I’m going to bring this to my next potluck
This was such an easy and delicious breakfast; the perfect breakfast for a big group.
I’m so glad you enjoyed it, Lily.
Oh, man..I’m in trouble! This is my kind of sandwich.warm, cheesy, & full of meat!
It’s so good, right?! Enjoy!!
Ok, this is taking a club sandwich to a whole new level! The croissant is so buttery & baking it, makes it just melt in your mouth!
Thanks for the 5 stars, Natalie.
I’m thinking breakfast sandwich thoughts and wondering if you could substitute barely scrambled eggs for the ham or bacon? They would continue to firm up in the baking I would think. Hmmmm… first, this gets a try as written because it certainly looks delicious.
I havne’t tested it but that might work too. If you decide to try, I’d love to know how it turns out.