Easy Spinach Dip is the ultimate party dip! Creamy dip in 5 minutes with spinach, water chestnuts, sour cream, cream cheese, and Knorr mix.
Cheesy baked Spinach Artichoke Dip is one of the best (and easiest) Appetizer Recipes you’ll ever make! This cold party dip is just as amazing and perfect for every occasion from Super Bowl parties to New Year’s Eve.
EASY SPINACH DIP
This is a slightly updated version of the classic recipe that’s been on Lipton and Knorr soup mix for ever. Knorr changed the name of its signature soup mix to Vegetable Recipe Mix, but it still has the same flavors you love for this popular easy Spinach Dip.
Easy Spinach Dip is a cold party dip that goes so well with crunchy fresh veggies like bell peppers and carrot sticks. Serve this amazing dip with tortilla chips and crackers or in a bread bowl with chunks of the bread to dip! If you need to know how to carve a bread bowl, there are instructions later in this post.
This Easy Spinach Dip recipe is made with just a handful of ingredients and it comes together in less than 5 minutes. The hardest part is waiting for the dip to chill for 2 hours, but it’s worth the extra time. The chilling time allows the seasonings from the soup mix to fully combine with the creamy dip and spinach.
This recipe uses fresh spinach steamed in the microwave so that it has very little liquid. If you want to use frozen spinach for your Easy Spinach Dip, make sure you thaw it first and drain it really well. You should give it a good squeeze, maybe with a paper towel, to get every bit of extra liquid out.
Easy Spinach Dip doesn’t have to just be for holidays or Super Bowl parties, you can serve it so many ways. Use it as a spread on Roast Beef or French Dip Sandwiches. Top Baked Chicken Breasts with a scoop of Spinach Dip about halfway through baking for an easy creamy spinach sauce.
MORE CHEESE APPETIZERS FOR THE HOLIDAYS
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON EASY SPINACH DIP
- Veggies: Give your Spinach Dip more crunch with red or green bell peppers or diced celery. You can add chopped up drained artichoke hearts for a cold Artichoke Dip.
- Soup Mix: Instead of Knorr Vegetable Recipe, you can use leek soup mix. You could also use Ranch Dressing Mix or onion soup mix.
- Spices: Add some kick to your Spinach Dip with red pepper flakes or make it extra garlicky with a few minced garlic cloves.
- Meat: A cup of chopped crispy bacon, cooked baby shrimp, or finely diced ham (pulse a few times in a food processor) will give this dip even more flavor!
- Cheese: Stir in a ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese or a cup of shredded cheese like cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese.
- Lighter: Substitute Greek yogurt for sour cream and use a low fat or avocado oil mayonnaise instead of regular mayo.
- Hot Spinach Dip: Preheat oven to 350 degrees and add Spinach Dip to a baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until hot. You can also serve warmed in a small slow cooker on low.
How to Cut a Bread Bowl
- To make an easy bread bowl to serve your Spinach Dip, start with a large round loaf of french bread or sourdough bread. Cut a 1 to 2 inch round slice off the top of the bread. Hollow out the center of the round loaf using a serrated knife leaving about a 1 inch shell. Cut bread from center into bite sized chunks.
Easy Spinach Dip Pinwheels
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread out a crescent dough sheet and spread 1 cup of Spinach Dip over dough, leaving a ¼ inch border on all sides.
- Roll from long side into a tube. Refrigerate 10 minutes then slice into ½ inch rounds.
- Place cut side down on baking sheet with parchment paper and bake for 10-15 minutes, until pastry is golden brown.
MORE PERFECT APPETIZER DIPS
HOW TO STORE EASY SPINACH DIP
- Serve: Serve Easy Spinach Dip chilled and don’t leave at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Store: Covered in an airtight container, Spinach Dip will last up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- Freeze: You should not freeze Easy Spinach Dip because sour cream and mayonnaise separate when frozen. Thawing the dip will have an unpleasant consistency.
- 10 ounces fresh spinach (frozen, thawed and drained is okay too)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 8 ounces water chestnuts , drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions , thinly sliced
- 1.4 ounces Knorr Vegetable Recipe Mix
- Rinse the spinach in a large microwave safe bowl and microwave it (covered with a wet paper towel) for 2 minutes.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients into the bowl until well combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours (preferably longer) before serving.
Photos used in a previous version of this post.