Fruity Pebbles Treats are colorful, gooey, chewy snack bars made with just 4 ingredients. Rainbow marshmallow cereal treats are easy enough to make with kids!
This recipe is a colorful update to the classic Rice Krispie Treats that you already know and love with a fun rainbow colored twist on the classic treat!
FRUITY PEBBLES TREATS
Who doesn’t remember growing up with the marshmallow treats made with Rice Krispies cereal? They were probably the first “baked” good that you ever made on your own. They were so easy with the directions right on the box just like other childhood favorites like Nestle chocolate chips and Chex Mix.
Rice Krispies are no bake chewy, sweet treats that have been a kid favorite recipe for decades, but just like Chocolate Chip Cookies, they can always use a fun rainbow twist. Fruity Pebbles Treats are delicious, colorful update to your favorite cereal and marshmallow bars.
These Fruity Pebble Treats are perfect for after school snacks and lunch boxes, but even better for birthday parties! They are gooey rainbow cereal bars that just bring a smile to any kid’s face (and belly). Wrap them up in cellophane bags with colorful ribbons for birthday party treat bags.
If your kids like unicorns, (and what kids don’t these days?), why not make these into unicorn Fruity Pebbles Treats? Get a unicorn (or horse) cookie cutter to cut the cereal bars and dip the entire krispy treat into melted white chocolate chips. Then use rainbow sprinkles for the unicorn hair and put them on skewers – instant magical birthday party favors.
Microwave Friendly Recipe
If you want kids to be able to make Fruity Pebbles Treats, you can melt the butter and marshmallows using the microwave to make it so easy even kids can do it! Make sure to use a microwave safe bowl to melt the butter and then the marshmallows in 30 second increments, stirring after each 30 seconds and using heavy oven mittens to protect your hands.
To make a specialty ice cream shop treat, use leftover Fruity Pebble Treats as a sundae topping. Chop up cereal bars that are few days old into bite sized chunks. Sprinkle cereal treats on Vanilla Ice Cream topped with Whipped Cream and Strawberry Syrup. Don’t forget the cherry on top!
MORE RAINBOW DESSERT RECIPES
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON FRUITY PEBBLES TREATS
- Cocoa Pebbles: Make these marshmallow treats with another childhood favorite cereal, Cocoa Pebbles. Add even more chocolatey flavor by dipping half of each krispy treat in melted dark chocolate chips.
- Baking Chips: Try mixing vanilla, cherry, or white chocolate chips into the Fruity Pebbles cereal before adding the melted marshmallows for creamy bursts of flavor!
- Marshmallows: Instead of using bagged mini marshmallows, make Homemade Marshmallows. The flavor and chewy texture of homemade marshmallows are well worth it if you can spare the extra time and effort!
- Flavoring: As you’re melting the butter and marshmallows, stir in a teaspoon of vanilla extract to give these cereal bars more delicious flavor.
- Cake Pops: Make cereal cake pops by shaping your Fruity Pebble Treats while they are still warm into golf ball shapes. Dip in melted chocolate chips and decorate with sprinkles or colored sugar.
FRUITY PEBBLE TREATS FOR ONE
- Make a Fruity Pebble Treat for just you (you deserve it) by reducing the recipe and making in a small microwave safe bowl. No need to even spread into a prepared pan.
- Ingredients: ½ tablespoon unsalted butter, ½ cup mini marshmallows, 1 cup Fruity Pebbles cereal
- Melt mini marshmallows and butter in a microwave safe bowl, stirring occasionally. Once melted, fold in Fruity Pebbles until combined. Press into bottom of bowl and let set. Enjoy on their own or with a dollop of Whipped Cream.
MORE KID-FRIENDLY DESSERTS:
HOW TO STORE FRUITY PEBBLES TREATS
- Serve: Store at room temperature for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap to keep out moisture.
- Store: Marshmallow treats are best at room temperature, refrigerating will make them hard to bite into. If you do put in the fridge, set on the counter for about 15 minutes to get back to room temperature.
- Freeze: These can be frozen for up to 3 months, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and placed in a freezer bag. Thaw at room temperature before serving.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 ounces mini marshmallows
- 5 cups Fruity Pebbles Cereal
- 2 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- Grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- Add butter to a large pot on medium low until melted then mix in the marshmallows until they are just melted (do not let this sit while melted for too long or the bars will be brittle).
- Add in the Fruity Pebbles and Rice Krispies and mix well until combined.
- Gently press the cereal mixture into the baking pan and allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.
Made these with my kiddos and they loved them! So colorful and fun and of course our favorite classic fruity flavor!
Always a hit!
These bars are so fun! The kids are always begging for more!
At least that helps from us eating them all, haha!
These are so fun! My kiddos love this cereal so I know they will love these treats. So colorful and fun for Easter too.
Perfect for the holiday!