Gingerbread Cheesecake Bars are the perfect holiday dessert. Classic ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg flavors all in a creamy cheesecake recipe!
Delicious festive recipes like this one make the perfect addition to your holiday table. The creamy cheesecake filling is flavored with spices just like traditional Gingerbread Cookies. Combining the creamy texture of Cheesecake with holiday flavors makes this the ultimate winter holiday Dessert Recipe!
GINGERBREAD CHEESECAKE BARS
The holiday baking season has officially kicked off, and with that, there are plenty of recipes to make. Between the Sugar Cookies, Peppermint Bark, and Apple Pie, there’s no shortage of traditional holiday recipes. These gingerbread spiced cheesecake bars are one you’ll want to add to the list.
It’s the perfect twist on classic rich gingerbread. The gingerbread flavor goes wonderfully with the natural tangy taste and velvety texture of cheesecake.
The molasses-rich gingerbread flavor, smooth texture, and buttery crust make them an instant favorite. On top of that, these Gingerbread Bars come together in a wonderfully simple recipe. There’s no need for a water bath or any technical instructions to worry about. This cheesecake is baked into one big pan for relaxing and stress-free holiday baking.
The crust and gingerbread layer comes together in about 10 minutes, then you just pop the pan in the oven and bake. To finish, take the holiday bars out of the oven and let them cool. That’s all it takes to enjoy this gingerbread dream!
MORE GINGER FLAVORED DESSERTS
TIPS FOR MAKING GINGERBREAD CHEESECAKE BARS
- Prep: To get started, preheat the oven temperature to 325 degrees and prep the baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. You should also take the cream cheese out of the fridge so that it has time to soften.
- Graham Cracker Crust: Add the graham crackers to your food processor and pulse until they’re broken into coarse crumbs. You can also put them in a ziplock bag and break them on your counter with a rolling pin. Add the crumbs to a bowl with the granulated sugar and melted butter. Mix the ingredients together and then press the crust into the base of the pan in an even layer.
- Cheesecake layer: Add the room temperature cream cheese and brown sugar to your stand mixer, and mix until the cream cheese mixture is light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and eggs, and beat until smooth. Then add the molasses, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Mix the gingerbread cheesecake ingredients at medium speed until fully combined.
- Bake: Pour the cheesecake mixture from the bowl into the prepared baking dish. Use a rubber spatula to spread out the top so it’s smooth. Bake bars for a 45-50 minute cook time. Once it’s set, take the Gingerbread Cheesecake Bars from the oven and let it chill before slicing it into squares and serving.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON GINGERBREAD CHEESECAKE BARS
- Flavor additions: You can experiment with the flavors in the recipe with a few fun ingredients. Firstly, you can always add to the spices with a teaspoon ground allspice or cardamom. You could also add a slightly boozy flavor with rum extract. Or, bring some citrus to the recipe with a teaspoon orange extract, some orange zest, or lemon zest.
- Gingerbread Crust: To make a gingerbread crust, replace the graham crackers in the crust recipe with gingersnap cookies. Other than that leave the recipe the same and enjoy an extra bit of holiday spice with the gingersnap crust.
- Toppings: You can also decorate the Cheesecake Bars with easy toppings. Try sprinkling on some large-grain sugar, flaky sea salt, Christmas sprinkle, or candied ginger. You could also drizzle melted milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate on top.
MORE HOLIDAY RECIPES
HOW TO STORE GINGERBREAD CHEESECAKE BARS
- Serve: After baking, don’t leave Gingerbread Cheesecake Bars at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Store: To keep leftovers, you can store them in the fridge covered in tin foil or plastic wrap, or sealed in an airtight container. They’ll stay good in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, so you can enjoy them throughout the holiday season.
- Freeze: To freeze the bars put them in a freezer bag with the layers separated by parchment paper so that they don’t stick together. They’ll stay good for up to 3 months.
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs , (24 full crackers)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
Gingerbread Cheesecake Filling:
- 24 ounces cream cheese , room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking dish with baking spray.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter together then press it into the baking dish in an even layer.
- In a stand mixer add the cream cheese and brown sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla and the eggs one at a time until well combined.
- Add the molasses, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves on medium speed until fully combined.
- Carefully spread the mixture on the crust.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until set and firm.
- Chill completely before serving.