Hot Bacon Cheese Dip has a rich, creamy base and is packed with flavor. It’s perfect to serve with crackers and chips at your next party!
When it comes to the perfect party Appetizer, it’s hard to find a better crowd-pleaser than a nice cheesy dip. With Beer Cheese Dip, Jalapeno Popper Dip, and Cheesy Crab Dip, there are plenty to choose from. This Bacon and Cheese Dip is a simple and delicious place to start.
HOT BACON CHEESE DIP
Hot Bacon Cheese Dip is the ultimate party food and sure to become a favorite appetizer! Made with a cream cheese and sour cream base, it is rich, creamy, and has a little bit of tang. The cheddar cheese melts into the creamy ingredients for the perfect cheesy dip. Put it out with other party favorites like Buffalo Wings and Pigs in a Blanket for the best game day spread ever!
Hot Bacon Cheese Dip is perfect served while still hot. The warm bacon cheese dip will have melty cheese throughout, so each time you pull out a scoop there’s gooey, stringy, wonderful cheese with it. What could be better?
WHAT TO SERVE WITH HOT BACON CHEESE DIP?
There are lots of different chips and crackers that would taste great with this amazingly cheesy dip. Here are some of our favorite pairings to get you started.
- Potato chips: Cheese, bacon, and potatoes are a classic combo, so why not try a variation of that? If you use potato chips we’d recommend the ones with ridges. They are usually a little more sturdy and will do a better job holding up the creamy dip without breaking.
- Tortilla Chips: Tortilla chips are the go-to when it comes to easy dippers, and it’s no wonder why. The thicker chips won’t break in the dip, and the mild salty taste doesn’t overwhelm the flavor of the dip.
- Pita Chips: Pita Chips are another great option and you can even make your own very easily.
- Pretzel Thins: Pretzel thins have a toasted flavor that pairs great with the bacon and cheese in the dip, and they are nice and sturdy.
- Crackers: For crackers try using Club Crackers, Ritz, Triscuits, or Wheat Thins.
- Bread: You can also use any crusty bread for dipping. Garlic Bread, Italian bread, or a French baguette would be great for this.
- Fresh Vegetables: You could also use fresh veggies like bell peppers and celery.
MORE DIP RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING HOT BACON CHEESE DIP
- Before starting the recipe, cook the bacon in a pan until nice and crispy. Remove the sliced bacon, cut them into small pieces, and set them to one side until you mix them into the warm Bacon Cheese Dip.
- Take the cream cheese out of the fridge in advance so that it has time to soften. This will make it much easier to mix it into a creamy consistency. Making the cream cheese light and fluffy will make it so you can mix the sour cream, milk and Worcestershire sauce in easily.
- Make sure the cream base is mixed together until smooth. Then you can add the cheese and the bacon. There is no need to mix for a long time at this point. Just turn on the mixer until the cheese and bacon are somewhat evenly blended.
- Spread the dip evenly in your baking dish and cook for 30-35 minutes. Take the warm dip out when the cheese is melty and the top begins to bubble. Serve Hot Bacon Cheese Dip with your favorite crackers, chips, and bread.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON HOT BACON CHEESE DIP
- Cheese: You can experiment with your Hot Bacon Cheese Dip by using different types of cheese. Along with the shredded cheddar cheese try mixing in Swiss cheese, Monterey Jack, American, or mozzarella cheese.
- Spicy dip: For a little extra heat in your Hot Bacon Cheese Dip, try adding cayenne pepper flakes or mixing in a little hot sauce. Make sure to add the spicy ingredients slowly to the Hot Bacon Cheese Dip. That way you don’t end up with something too spicy to eat.
- Add-ins: For more variations try mixing in a teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, or fresh parsley with the Hot Bacon Cheese Dip. You can have fun experimenting with different herbs and seasonings. You could even chop up some green onion or chives to sprinkle over the top before serving.
MORE BACON APPETIZER RECIPES
HOW TO STORE HOT BACON CHEESE DIP
- Serve: Don’t leave Hot Bacon Cheese Dip at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Store: If you have any leftover dip, let it cool before storing it. Cover the dip or put it in an airtight container to keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freeze: Unfortunately, the creamy base of this dish won’t freeze well. It’s better just to make a fresh batch.
- 16 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups cheddar cheese , shredded
- 1 pound bacon , cooked and crumbled
- To your stand mixer add the cream cheese and mix until creamy.
- Add in sour cream, whole milk, and Worcestershire sauce on low speed until well blended.
- Add in cheddar cheese and bacon and mix until just combined.
- Spread mixture in an 8x10 baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.