Ice Cream Sundae Pie is a fun treat with a graham cracker crust, ice cream filling, and your favorite sundae toppings like fudge, whipped cream, and peanuts.
This easy recipe takes the idea of a classic cream pie and decadent ice cream sundae and combines them into one amazing Dessert Recipe. For more sweet and creamy pies try our Cookie Dough Pie, Peanut Butter Pie, or Birthday Cake Pie. They’re delicious, rich versions of a traditional pie that are sure to be a family favorite.
ICE CREAM SUNDAE PIE
This Ice Cream Pie is the perfect way to prepare a delicious ice cream sundae to share with family and friends. Instead of scooping up ice cream and adding all the toppings to each bowl, you just prep this recipe in advance then take it out of the freezer and slice it to serve. It’s easy, fun, and delicious!
Ice Cream Pie is made with all the best ice cream toppings. The easy Graham Cracker Crust is topped with a rich chocolate and peanut butter layer. Then Vanilla Ice cream is scooped over that. Before slicing the pie it gets topped with Hot Fudge, Whipped Topping, and peanuts. You can also add other sundae favorites like Caramel Sauce, sprinkles, cherries, and any other toppings you’d like.
Ice Cream Sundae Pie is a great recipe to serve in the Summer. It’s sure to be a favorite at potlucks, parties, and picnics. You can prep it a few hours in advance and then leave it in the freezer until you’re ready to serve.
It also makes a fun alternative to a birthday cake. Top it off with rainbow sprinkles and candles for the ultimate ice cream Birthday cake.
MORE ICE CREAM RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING ICE CREAM SUNDAE PIE
- Prep time: If you’re making homemade ice cream, chocolate fudge sauce, or whipped cream for the Sundae Pie, then prep those ingredients in advance before starting the recipe.
- Pie crust: Put the graham crackers in your food processor and pulse until they’re broken into small, coarse crumbs. If you don’t want to use a food processor, put them in a Ziploc bag, and use a rolling pin to break them on your countertop. Stir the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter together in a medium bowl. Once the crumbs are coated in the other ingredients, transfer the mixture to a 9-inch pie plate. Use your hands to press the crust down evenly in the dish.
- Chocolate peanut butter: Add the chocolate chips and peanut butter to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave them at 50% power for 1 minute. Then stir the melted mixture until it’s smooth. Spread the chocolate peanut butter evenly over the crust. Be gentle to make sure you don’t break the crust.
- Ice cream filling: Scoop dollops of vanilla ice cream into the pie plate. Use an offset spatula to spread the ice cream out from the middle.
- Toppings: Before serving pour chocolate sauce over ice cream then top that with whipped cream and chopped peanuts.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON ICE CREAM SUNDAE PIE
- Caramel sauce: For some extra sweetness add Homemade Salted Caramel Topping along with the hot fudge sauce.
- Toppings: The great thing about this Ice Cream Pie is that, just like with an ice cream sundae, you can add all your favorite kinds of toppings. Try adding sprinkles, walnuts, pecans, coconut flakes, dark chocolate chunks, m&ms, gummy bears, or cherry toppings.
- Ice flavors: For more ice cream flavors try out chocolate, strawberry, mint chocolate chip, cookie dough, or Neapolitan.
MORE FUN PIE RECIPES
HOW TO STORE ICE CREAM SUNDAE PIE
- Serve: Serve the Ice Cream Pie right away or put it in the freezer until you’re ready to eat. The ice cream will melt quickly at room temperature, so don’t leave it out for more than an hour.
- Store: To keep leftover pie cover it in plastic wrap or tin foil and freeze pie for 4-6 weeks.
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs , 12 full sheets
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 4 cups Vanilla Ice Cream , softened (Recipe)
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Fudge Sauce
- 2 cups Whipped Cream
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- Stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter until well mixed.
- Add crust mixture to a pie plate and press down evenly.
- Add chocolate chips and peanut butter to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on 50% for 1 minute.
- Stir well until smooth.
- Spread over the crust gently.
- Top with vanilla ice cream.
- Serve with chocolate fudge sauce, whipped cream, and peanuts.
thanks you for sharing