Oreo Ice Cream Pie is the ultimate summer dessert with an easy cookie crumb crust, creamy ice cream filling, and easy whipped topping!
Oreo Ice Cream Pie is the perfect Dessert Recipe that’s somewhere between an Ice Cream Cake and a cream pie. It’s easy, rich, delicious, and completely kid-friendly. You can make it using store-bought ice cream, or for a fun summer activity make your own Homemade Ice Cream.
OREO ICE CREAM PIE
Cookies and Cream has always been a family favorite ice cream flavor, and it’s no wonder why! The simple and creamy base gets extra texture and flavor from the bits of chocolatey Oreo cookie throughout. It’s truly the perfect combination of creamy vanilla and chocolatey cookies. What’s not to love? So, I couldn’t be more excited to share this delicious Oreo Ice Cream Pie!
Plus, the great thing about this recipe is you can adjust it for whatever your favorite kind of ice cream is. Easily substitute the cookies and cream for mint chocolate chip, chocolate, or whatever kind of ice cream you like. To add some more flavor you can also top the pie off with chocolate syrup or a Hot Fudge Topping.
It will come as no surprise that this sweet, creamy Oreo Ice Cream Pie is 100% kid-approved. In fact, it’s such a favorite that if you have any summer birthdays that you’re hosting, you can serve up this pie in place of a classic Birthday cake. It is a delicious way to change up the tradition! All your guests are sure to love the refreshing ice cream treat. However, this recipe is also so easy you don’t have to save it for a special occasion, and you can make it anytime the craving strikes.
MORE CREAM PIE RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING OREO ICE CREAM PIE
- Pie crust: Put your Oreos in a food processor and pulse to break them down into crumbs for the cookie crust. Mix the cookie crumbs with sugar and melted butter until it’s well combined in a clumpy mixture. Use your hands to press the mixture down evenly into your pie plate.
- Ice cream mixture: Combine the softened Oreo ice cream with crushed Oreos. Scoop the ice cream into your pie plate and use the back of your spoon to even it out.
- Cream topping: Add the heavy cream, powdered sugar, Oreo Cookie crumbs, and vanilla to your stand mixer. Beat the ingredients together until stiff peaks form. Spread the cream over the pie.
- Freeze: Put the pie in the freezer for at least 4 hours to set before serving. Take the pie from the freezer and add additional crushed Oreos and shaved chocolate to the top, then slice and serve.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON OREO ICE CREAM PIE
- Pie Crust: Instead of making a regular Oreo pie crust, try making a chocolate graham cracker crust. Just follow the regular Graham Cracker Crust recipe, but use chocolate graham crackers in place of the normal ones.
- Chocolate Oreo Pie: Instead of using the regular vanilla ice cream/cookies and cream base try mixing chocolate ice cream with Oreo crumbs to make chocolate cookies and cream. Then you can use the chocolate Oreo ice cream to make the pie.
- Vanilla: Try making a Vanilla Oreo Ice Cream Pie. Just mix golden Oreo pieces into vanilla ice cream. Then use golden Oreos to make the pie crust.
- More Oreo flavors: There are plenty of other Oreo flavors you could try using in this recipe. Birthday cake, red velvet, double chocolate, peanut butter, or mint are just a few you could try.
MORE FUN OREO DESSERTS
HOW TO STORE OREO ICE CREAM PIE
- Serve: Oreo Ice Cream Pie will melt quickly, so don’t leave it at room temperature for more than an hour.
- Store: To store the Ice Cream Pie for a long stretch of time, cover it in plastic wrap or seal it in an airtight container. It will stay good for up to 1 week.
- 1 1/2 cups Oreo Cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 4 cups Oreo Ice Cream
- 12 Oreo Cookies , crushed
Whipped Cream Topping:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Oreo Cookie crumbs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir together Oreo crumbs, sugar, and butter until well mixed.
- Add crust mixture to a pie plate and press down evenly.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together Oreo ice cream and crushed Oreos.
- Pour into cooled pie plate.
- Add heavy cream, powdered sugar, Oreo Cookie crumbs, and vanilla extract to a stand mixer and beat on high speed until it holds stiff peaks.
- Spread onto the pie.
- Freeze for 4 hours before serving.
- Add additional crushed Oreos or shaved chocolate over the top before serving.