Indian Spiced Honey Roasted Carrots are the perfect side easily roasted in the oven with garlic, ginger, garam masala, and honey.
This carrot recipe is similar to our Honey Glazed Carrots Recipe, but with the addition of Indian spices. The amazing spices make it a delicious Side Dish to serve with your favorite Indian dishes like Butter Chicken, Lamb Curry, and Baked Tikka Masala.
Indian Spiced Honey Roasted Carrots are super easy to make with a quick cooking process. All you have to do is whisk the spices and oil together and toss them over the carrots before roasting. Then finish it all off by tossing the carrots in honey.
The warm spices and sweet flavor make it the ultimate flavorful side to serve with your favorite Indian recipes. Especially, if you like spicy curries, the sweet flavor balances out the hot main dish. For more flavorful sides, try making Garlic Naan Bread and Vegetable Biryani. With these easy recipes, you can make dishes just as delicious as anything you’d get at an Indian restaurant, and they’re all so easy!
Along with how delicious carrots are, they also pack lots of nutritional value. They’re a great source of fiber, antioxidants, and vitamins. Roasting them in delicious spices and sweetening them with honey is a great way to get everybody enjoying the healthy vegetable, especially if you’re cooking for any picky eaters. Even the biggest veggie critics in your house won’t get enough of these sweet and crispy carrots.
More Flavorful Indian Recipes
Key Ingredients in Indian Spiced Honey Roasted Carrots
- Carrots: Crisp and tender carrots make the perfect base for a flavorful side dish. Not only does the bright orange vegetable add a nice pop of color to your table, but roasting them gives them a naturally sweet and earthy flavor that’s absolutely delicious.
- Spices: Ginger and garam masala are both classic Indian spices. The ginger adds a slightly sweet and spicy flavor. Garam masala is a spice blend made with strong ingredients like coriander seeds, cumin, cinnamon, and cardamom.
- Honey: After roasting in the oil and spices, the dish is finished off by tossing the carrots in honey for a simple and deliciously sweet flavor.
Cooking Tips for Indian Spiced Honey Roasted Carrots
- Prep time: Start by preheating the oven to 375. Then use a vegetable peeler to peel the outer layer of the carrots, and cut them into 1 inch chunks.
- Spices: Add the carrots, garlic, ginger, garam masala, salt, vegetable oil, and melted butter to a large bowl. Toss all the ingredients together until the carrot pieces are coated evenly.
- Cooking time: Lay the beautiful carrots out in a single layer on the baking tray. Then put them in the oven to roast for 20-25 minutes. Take them out when the carrots are lightly browned.
- Honey: Put the roasted carrots in a large bowl and toss them with 4 tablespoons honey to coat.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
Variations on Indian Spiced Honey Roasted Carrots
- Balsamic glazed carrots: For a more tangy carrot recipe, whisk balsamic vinegar with the spices and oil. You can cook the carrots in the vinegar and then toss them in the honey before serving.
- Lemon: Another way to experiment with the flavor in this fabulous side dish is by adding lemon. Drizzle the carrots with lemon juice and cut some lemon wedges to add as a garnish before serving.
- Brown sugar: You can also sweeten the carrots with brown sugar instead of honey. Mix ½ cup brown sugar in with the spices and coat the carrots in it before roasting.
- Oil: If you don’t want to use vegetable oil, extra-virgin olive oil, coconut oil, or sesame oil would also work well.
- Seasonings: There are so many classic Indian spices that you can add to the carrots. Along with what’s already in the recipe, you can mix in red pepper flakes, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, caraway seeds, black mustard seeds, cloves, or cayenne. You can also top the carrots with herbs before serving like fresh cilantro or fresh mint leaves.
Indian Side Dishes
How to Store Indian Spiced Honey Roasted Carrots
- Serve: After roasting, this beautiful side dish will keep well at room temperature for up to 2 hours.
- Store: Let the carrots cool down, then you can transfer any leftovers to an airtight container. They’ll stay good in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Freeze: You can also store them in the freezer for up to 6 months. Let the Honey Roasted Carrots thaw in the fridge before reheating them.
- 2 pounds carrots
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste , or minced
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter , melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel and cut carrots into 1 inch chunks.
- In a large bowl add carrots, garlic, ginger, garam masala, salt, vegetable oil, and melted butter, tossing well.
- Put carrots on a cookie sheet in a single layer and roast for 25 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and immediately toss with honey.