Lucky Charms Cereal Bars are fun, colorful treats that kids love! Crispy cereal wrapped in buttery marshmallow with more chewy colorful marshmallow bites.
This popular version of Rice Krispie Treats is just as tasty and easy as the original, with the bonus of chewy assorted colorful marshmallows! Kid approved, delicious, and budget friendly, talk about a winning Snack Recipe!
LUCKY CHARMS CEREAL BARS
These Lucky Charms Cereal Bars are so much more fresh and gooey than the store bought version. Since they aren’t coated in a thick white chocolate flavored coating, these homemade bars are the perfect amount of sweet. Plus this recipe makes at least six times the treats in one box for half the price!
Lucky Charms Cereal Bars start with the same butter and marshmallows base as Rice Krispie Treats, but one bite will show you they are completely different. The thicker cereal stays a bit more crisp in the gooey marshmallow mixture. Unlike the mini marshmallows in S’mores Cereal Bars, the rainbow marshmallow bits stay crunchy and give bursts of sugary goodness!
No bake desserts like Lucky Charms Cereal Bars are a fun summertime activity for kids. You can skip the stove top if they aren’t ready for that level and use the microwave to melt the marshmallows. Simply add marshmallows and butter to a large bowl that is microwave safe and microwave for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes.
Lucky Charms Cereal Bars are the perfect St. Patrick Day’s dessert. No need for any green dyes or overly complicated decorating to get a fun dessert that is right on theme. These colorful marshmallow treats are great for bake sales, kid parties, and school events because they are gluten free and allergy friendly snacks.
These tasty Lucky Charms Cereal Bars get even better with white chocolate! The creamy, vanilla flavor in white chocolate goes perfectly with the crunchy cereal and sugary marshmallow bits. Check out the bottom of the post for three ways you can make these Lucky Charms Cereal Bars with white chocolate.
MORE RAINBOW DESSERT RECIPES
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON LUCKY CHARMS CEREAL BARS
- Fruity Lucky Charms: Try these easy Lucky Charms Cereal Bars with their new Fruity Lucky Charms or Fruit Loops with Marshmallows.
- Vanilla: Bring out more vanilla flavor in Lucky Charms Cereal Bars with a ½ teaspoon vanilla extract. Stir vanilla extract into melted marshmallow mixture before adding cereal.
- Marshmallows: Go marshmallow crazy by stirring 1 cup mini marshmallows into the cereal mixture after it has cooled for 5 minutes. If you’ve got some time, these easy Homemade Marshmallows will take your treats to the next level.
- Marshmallow Bits: Reserve about a cup of the marshmallow bits and press into the top of your bars before they set. You can also order a bag of just marshmallow bits online!
Lucky Charms Cereal Bars with White Chocolate (3 ways!)
- Melt ½ cup white chocolate chips and place in a zippered plastic bag. Snip one corner and drizzle chocolate over bars before they set or after they are cut.
- Line pan with parchment paper and cover bottom of the pan with 1 cup melted white chocolate. Evenly spread and press cereal mixture over chocolate before it sets.
- Prepare cereal marshmallow mixture, but don’t press into pan yet. Allow to cool 5 minutes and fold in ½ cup white chocolate chips. Press into pan as usual and sprinkle more white chocolate chips over top.
MORE KID-FRIENDLY DESSERTS:
HOW TO STORE LUCKY CHARMS CEREAL BARS
- Serve: These marshmallow cereal bars are best at room temperature. To keep them fresh and crispy, do not refrigerate these bars or keep in a cooler for more than a couple hours.
- Store: Line your container with parchment paper and place parchment paper between layers to keep your cereal bars from sticking. Store Lucky Charms Cereal Bars up to 4 days at room temperature.
- Freeze: You shouldn’t freeze these bars as the marshmallow texture will be gooey with colors bleeding as they thaw.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 6 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- In a dutch oven melt the butter on medium heat then add in the marshmallows and mix until completely melted.
- Mix in the Lucky Charms cereal until completely coated.
- Press the mixture into a 9x13 inch pan and let cool completely before serving.