Mocha Chip Banana Bread is the perfect moist quick bread with wonderful coffee and chocolate flavor from coffee granules and chocolate chips.
This recipe takes a Classic Banana Bread and adds in chocolate chips and coffee flavoring to go along with the traditional banana. It’s easy, delicious, and it can make an amazing Breakfast or sweet snack.
MOCHA CHIP BANANA BREAD
This Mocha Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is one of the most delicious recipes ever. Chocolate chip banana bread is wonderful enough on its own, but adding the rich coffee flavor to it with instant coffee just takes it to a whole new level. The bread is perfectly moist, sweet, and wonderfully easy to make. Just whisk the batter together and pop the loaf in the oven, it will be ready in just an hour!
Once it’s done, Mocha Chip Bread is perfect to enjoy for a sweet breakfast along with your morning coffee. You could also share it at a brunch, snack on it between meals, or even serve it as a dessert. The Mocha Bread is sure to hit the spot no matter when you’re eating it.
It’s so fun trying out new baked goods whenever you have bananas that are starting to get too ripe to eat. There’s just no end to the delicious ways you can use them, and they always make the recipes perfectly tender and moist. This particular combo of coffee and banana is unbelievably delicious. In fact, you can also try our Mocha Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins if you want the same taste and texture but baked into simple, portable muffins.
BANANA BREAD RECIPES
- Prep time: Start the recipe by preheating the oven temperature to 325 degrees and spraying the loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. If you don’t have an oil spray you can also line the pan with parchment paper.
- Batter: Peel and mash the medium bananas, then add them to a mixing bowl with the egg, vegetable oil, applesauce, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Whisk until the mixture is fully combined. Then stir the coffee granules into the water and stir the coffee mixture into the wet ingredients. In a separate bowl sift the all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Once they’re combined, add them to the batter and mix until just combined, but be careful not to over-mix. Stir in ½ cup chocolate chips to finish.
- Baking time: Pour the batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle the remaining ½ cup chocolate chips over the top. Pop the pan into the preheated oven for 50-55 minutes until golden brown. Stick a toothpick in the center, and when it comes out clean or just with moist crumbs on it the baking time is done.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
- Chocolate chips: Instead of regular semisweet chocolate chips you can use milk or dark chocolate chips for a different kind of chocolate flavor.
- Chocolate banana bread: Along with the chocolate chips, you can add some extra chocolatey flavor to the recipe by mixing unsweetened cocoa powder into the batter. ½ cup of cocoa powder should be plenty to make deliciously chocolatey bread. However, you also want to reduce the amount of flour in the recipe to make sure you don’t have too many dry ingredients in the recipe.
- Gluten-free banana bread: If you want to make the bread for a gluten-free diet, just replace flour in the recipe with oat flour, coconut flour, almond flour, or whatever your preferred gluten-free substitute is.
MORE BREAKFAST BAKED GOODS
HOW TO STORE
- Serve: You can keep the Mocha Chip Banana Bread at room temperature for up to 2 days. Wrap the loaf in plastic wrap and keep it in a dry, cool place so that it stays moist.
- Store: Put the bread in an airtight container, or wrap it tightly in plastic wrap to store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Freeze: To freeze the bread, wrap the loaf tightly in plastic wrap, then put that in a freezer bag. It will stay good for up to 3 months.
- 3 medium very ripe bananas , mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce , (or more oil)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar , packed
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and spray a 9x5 loaf pan with baking spray.
- In a large bowl add the bananas, egg, vegetable oil, applesauce, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract and whisk until fully combined.
- Stir coffee granules into the water and add to wet ingredients and stir.
- Into a second bowl sift the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and whisk until just combined.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Stir in ½ cup of chocolate chips.
- Add to a loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Top with ½ cup of chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.