These delicious Oreo Cheesecake Bars are the ultimate Oreo dessert! Creamy, easy baked cookies and cream cheesecake filling in an Oreo cookie crust.
OREO CHEESECAKE BARS
If you’ve had our rich and decadent Oreo Cheesecake, you know just how heavenly a creamy chocolate cheesecake filling loaded with Oreo on top of a sweet, crunchy Oreo crust can be! These cheesecake bars have all the chocolatey cookies and cream goodness as the original but with way less work and no water bath. This recipe feeds a crowd so they are a perfect potluck dessert for special occasions or you can freeze them for later Oreo cravings!
These Oreo Cheesecake Bars are the recipe you need if you a and cream flavor! Every layer, from the Oreo cookie crust to the Oreo crumbs in the creamy cheesecake filling to the Oreo pieces on top, is packed with the you love. It’s sweet and rich and chocolatey, and it’s so simple to make with common ingredients – truly an Oreo lover’s dream come true.
Oreo Cheesecake Bars are baked cheesecake bars without Jello or Cool Whip in the filling, so they do need to chill before they are ready to serve. You don’t have to worry about a cracked top like a traditional cheesecake though thanks to the Oreos on top. Just bake them until they are set and firm, no wiggle unlike a regular cheesecake recipe. Then remove them from the oven and allow them to chill in the refrigerator. It will take about 2 hours chilling in the refrigerator for them to be cool enough to serve.
MORE DELICIOUS OREO RECIPES
Tips for Oreo Cheesecake Bars
- These Oreo Cheesecake Bars are the ultimate sweet tooth dessert, but if you need even more cream or chocolate flavor, serve them with a Chocolate Ganache drizzle or with Vanilla Whipped Cream.
- Line the baking dish with parchment paper to make your Oreo Cheesecake Bars easier to remove after you cut them.
- For thicker cheesecake bars, bake in an 8×8 inch square baking pan and add an extra 10-15 minutes to your baking time. You could also make mini Oreo Cheesecake Bites by baking in a mini muffin tin for 20-25 minutes.
- Bring all your ingredients to room temperature before you start making your cheesecake batter. Not only will the cream cheese mix easier, having ingredients starting at the same temperature ensures even baking and perfectly creamy cheesecake.
VARIATIONS ON OREO CHEESECAKE BARS
- Cookie Crust: You can use other crispy s, like chocolate graham crackers or Chocolate Teddy Grahams for the Oreos. If you want to use regular graham crackers or vanilla wafers for the crust, add 1/2 cup sugar so your crust is sweetened. Try other cookie crumbs from crunchy or crispy cookies like gingersnap cookies, s, or shortbread cookies.
- Brownies: Prepare your favorite Chocolate Brownie mix and spread over the bottom a well-greased baking pan instead of the Oreo crumb crust. Top with cheesecake layer and Oreos and bake as usual.
- Pumpkin Oreo Cheesecake: Yes, pumpkin and Oreos are amazing together! Make Pumpkin Oreo Cheesecake Bars by adding 1 cup Pumpkin Puree to the cheesecake mixture, reducing to 16 ounces cream cheese and leave out the milk.
- Chocolate Chips: Fold 1/2 cup chocolate chips into the cheesecake batter for more chocolatey goodness. Use dark chocolate chips or a mixture of milk chocolate chips and white chocolate chips.
MORE DELICIOUS CHEESECAKE RECIPES:
HOW TO STORE OREO CHEESECAKE BARS
- Serve: Oreo Cheesecake Bars can be at room temperature for up to 2 hours before they need to be chilled. Bring them to room temperature to serve so they are extra creamy.
- Store: Transfer cut Oreo Cheesecake Bars to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. Place parchment paper between layers of Cheesecake Bars so they don’t stick together.
- Freeze: Wrap individual Oreo Cheesecake Bars in plastic wrap and freeze bars in an airtight container for up to 3 months. You can eat them frozen or thaw overnight in the refrigerator and serve at room temperature.
Oreo Cheesecake Bars
- Yield: 18 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 5 hours 35 minutes
- Course: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
Oreo Cheesecake Filling:
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper or spray with baking spray.
- Add the 24 Oreos and unsalted butter to a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs.
- Press Oreo mixture into baking dish evenly.
To your stand mixer add the cream cheese and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Lower the speed to medium and add in the Oreo crumbs, eggs, sour cream and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Carefully spread mixture on the crust.
- Sprinkle quartered Oreos evenly over the batter.
Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until set and firm.
Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature, approximately 30 minutes.
Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
Yield: 18 servings, Amount per serving: 311 calories, Calories: 311g, Carbohydrates: 34g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 17g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 60mg, Sodium: 341mg, Potassium: 199mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 24g, Vitamin A: 403g, Vitamin C: 1g, Calcium: 89g, Iron: 3g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.