Oven-Baked Omelette is a great way to make eggs to share all baked in an 8×8 pan. The fluffy eggs are topped with onion, cheese, pepper, and ham.
Omelettes are a classic and easy Breakfast Recipe. This version is great for a big family breakfast or brunch because instead of making multiple omelettes in a frying pan you cook up lots of eggs at once in the oven. It’s a good main dish or as a savory side to go with French Toast or Pancakes.
This easy recipe makes the perfect American Diner Omelet. It has all the standard ingredients of fluffy eggs, cheese, green pepper, and ham. But, the key difference in this recipe is that the eggs are cooked in an 8×8 inch baking dish. Instead of spending your morning making individual eggs for breakfast and flipping omelettes, the eggs are all baked with one cook time.
If you like eggs for breakfast, then you’re sure to love this simplified version. It’s great for an easy breakfast, brunch, or holiday meal to serve your family. The Baked Omelet Recipe is perfect for your holiday brunch because it makes enough eggs for everybody in one batch. It’s especially great if you want eggs as a side dish to go with classic holiday dishes like Cinnamon Rolls or Monkey Bread.
EASY OMELETTE TOPPINGS
There are so many amazing toppings and sauces you can serve this breakfast recipe with. Lots of people like their eggs with different flavors, so you can put out several options for everyone to add what they want to their serving. Some favorites are:
- Hollandaise sauce
- Extra cheese
- Sour cream
- Hot sauce
MORE EGG RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE OMELETTES IN THE OVEN
- Prep time: To get the recipe started preheat the oven and prep an 8×8 square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Chop the onion and bell peppers into small pieces.
- Egg mixture: Add the eggs, sour cream, milk, salt, pepper, green onion, ½ cup cheddar cheese, green pepper, and ham. The sour cream makes the eggs exceptionally fluffy and delicious. Whisk the egg mixture together until the yolk and egg whites are combined with the cream ingredients.
- Baking time: Pour the ingredients into the prepared baking dish. Cook for 20-25 minutes until the eggs are no longer runny. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, and then put it back in the oven for another 5 minutes cooking time.
- Serve: After cooking, take the Omelette from the oven and add any other toppings you want before serving.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON OVEN-BAKED OMELETTES
- Cheese: You can try adding different kinds of cheese over the top of your meal. Sharp cheddar cheese, Swiss, Pepper Jack, provolone, or gouda would all taste great with this recipe.
- Bacon: Another way you can change up the ingredients is by replacing the ham with cooked bacon. Cook up a few slices of bacon while the rest of the recipe is baking in the oven. Then break the bacon into pieces to sprinkle it over the top before serving.
- Breakfast Sausage: Instead of bacon, you could try breakfast sausage as an ingredient. Cook the breakfast sausage on the stovetop until there’s no pink meat left. For extra flavor, you can also cook the breakfast sausage with onion.
- Add-ins: For some flavorful additions, try seasonings like fresh flat-leaf parsley, oregano, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, or paprika. You could also add vegetables like mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, or red onions.
- Breakfast Sandwich: To make your omelets into a Delicious Breakfast Sandwich, toast and butter 8 slices of bread or English muffins. Once the omelet is done in the oven, use a spatula to break it into 4 pieces and place it in between the bread slices. Add cheese and any of your favorite sandwich fillings.
MORE CLASSIC BREAKFAST RECIPES
HOW TO STORE OVEN-BAKED OMELETTES
- Serve: Don’t leave this recipe out at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Store: Let the eggs cool down, and then put them in an airtight container to keep in the refrigerator. They’ll stay good for 3-4 days. Reheat them in the microwave before serving.
- Freeze: To keep the omelet in the freezer wrap it tightly in tin foil. It can stay good for up to 3 months. Let it thaw in the fridge before reheating it.
- 9 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 green onions , chopped
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese , divided
- 1 green bell pepper , diced
- 1 cup ham , chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 9x13 baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, sour cream, milk, salt, pepper, green onions, ½ cup cheddar cheese, bell pepper, and ham.
- Pour into a baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Top with remaining ½ cup cheese and bake for 5 minutes.