Oven Bacon Cheddar Scrambled Eggs is the easiest breakfast recipe for a crowd ever! Light and fluffy baked scrambled eggs with bacon and cheddar cheese.
OVEN BACON CHEDDAR SCRAMBLED EGGS
Are you looking for a quick and budget-friendly breakfast ready in no time? This easy delicious twist on bacon and eggs is a sure-fire winner for you and your family. Whether it’s for a kid’s sleepover party breakfast or a holiday brunch side, this Egg Recipe is the best way to make eggs for a crowd.
If you’ve never tried Oven Baked Scrambled Eggs before, get ready for a life changing moment. These light and fluffy eggs loaded with bacon and cheddar cheese are so tender and moist. The key to getting Oven Bacon and Cheddar Eggs so moist and fluffy is to stir them halfway through, when the soft curds form. This keeps the edges from drying our and gets you fluffy, evenly cooked eggs every time.
This recipe for Oven Bacon Cheddar Eggs can be made ahead of time for an easy holiday morning breakfast or meal prep for the week. You use 24 eggs in this recipe so there will plenty to go around. You can cut the recipe in half for smaller portions, or bake half the egg mixture in a muffin tin to make freezable Egg Muffins for later.
Oven Bacon Cheddar Scrambled Eggs are a hearty and filling breakfast, perfect with a side of toast or as an easy Breakfast Burrito filling. They are a great way to free up your stovetop and cooking time for a special brunch. Simply pop these scrambled eggs in the oven while you prepare griddle favorites like fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes or French Toast.
MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES FOR A CROWD
Make Ahead Oven Bacon Cheddar Scrambled Eggs
Bake Oven Bacon Cheddar Scrambled Eggs as usual and cool completely before storing. Wrap dish with plastic wrap (add foil if freezing) and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for 6 months. To reheat, remove plastic wrap and bake covered with foil in oven at 300 degrees for 10 minutes, or until hot. You can reheat from frozen, no need to thaw first!
VARIATIONS ON OVEN BACON CHEDDAR SCRAMBLED EGGS
- Meat: Try this recipe with diced ham, shredded Rotisserie Chicken, chopped oven roasted turkey, breakfast sausage, or canadian bacon. Just make sure meat is cooked before adding it to the egg mixture.
- Veggies: Make this Bacon Cheddar Scrambled Eggs dish complete with finely diced veggies like mushrooms, bell peppers, red onions, green onions, shredded baby carrots, or spinach. Cut the veggies small so that they cook tender in the short time.
- Cheese: Use any cheese you like for Cheesy Bacon Scrambled Eggs like Swiss cheese, Monterey jack cheese, pepper jack cheese, or mozzarella cheese. Get fancy with Vermont cheddar cheese or smoked gouda cheese!
- Breakfast Sandwiches: For an easy no-mess breakfast sandwich, cut the baked eggs in a square the size of your bread. Spread white toast with softened butter, add Bacon Cheddar Egg slice, and another piece of buttered toast. Feel free to add toppings too!
- Breakfast Egg Muffins: Prepare scrambled egg mixture in a large bowl. Grease 2 – 12 cup muffin tins with cooking spray. Fill muffin cups 1/2 way with egg mixture and sprinkle each with bacon and cheese. Top with remaining scrambled eggs. Bake for 20 minutes until golden and set. You can store Egg Muffins in a freezer safe bag for up to 6 months.
Slow Cooker Version
- Spray the slow cooker insert generously with cooking spray or grease with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, salt and pepper, milk, cheese, and bacon together.
- Cover slow cooker with lid and cook for 1-2 hours on high, or 3-4 hours on low, until eggs are set. Stir egg mixture halfway through cooking time.
MORE DELICIOUS BREAKFAST RECIPES
HOW TO STORE
- Serve: Oven Cheddar Bacon Eggs are best served warm and fresh, but can be made ahead and reheated. Keep cooked eggs at room temperature for no more than 2 hours.
- Store: Once cooled, wrap Oven Bacon Cheddar Egg pan with foil, or transfer cooked eggs to an airtight container. Refrigerate for up to 3 days and reheat in a skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Freeze: Cool completely and tightly wrap Oven Bacon Cheddar Scrambled Eggs with plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Freeze up to 6 months. To reheat, remove plastic wrap and cover with foil before baking at 300 degrees until hot.
Oven Bacon Cheddar Scrambled Eggs
- Yield: 12 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Course: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 24 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup bacon crumbles
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese , shredded
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and add the melted butter to the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan.
- Whisk together the eggs, salt, pepper and milk in a large bowl before adding it carefully to the baking pan.
Bake (uncovered) for 12-15 minutes, then stir.
- Add bacon and cheese over the eggs.
Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Stir before serving.
Yield: 12 servings, Amount per serving: 258 calories, Calories: 258g, Carbohydrates: 3g, Protein: 18g, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 363mg, Sodium: 760mg, Potassium: 189mg, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 801g, Calcium: 198g, Iron: 2g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.