Panda Express Super Greens Copycat is an easy mix of kale, broccoli and cabbage steamed together in a light ginger garlic broth for an easy, healthy side.
If you are looking for the best Panda Copycat Recipe to serve with Panda Express Orange Chicken, look no further! The newest side from Panda Express is a healthy balance to their sticky, sweet, addicting Orange Chicken.
PANDA EXPRESS SUPER GREENS
This new side from Panda Express may not have the years of popularity like Panda Express Chow Mein but it is quickly rising the ranks for tastiest option to go with that famous Orange Chicken. Panda Express isn’t a restaurant to really play around with new menu items, unless it’s a limited item, so the staying power of Super Greens must mean people love them. (And they do!)
It’s no wonder the Panda Express Super Greens seem to be here to stay on the menu. They are light, steamed just enough to get that garlicky ginger flavor yet stay crunchy, and they fit most diets. Word on the street is that they will soon have a completely vegan version, but until they do, you can make your own at home!
These Panda Express Super Greens are so easy to make like most of the Panda Express Recipes on this site. Researched to give you all the flavor but with simple ingredients to make it easier on a home cook, you won’t find a better Copycat Panda Recipe Index anywhere else.
While you can serve these Panda Express Super Greens with just about anything, why not try them with another new Panda Express menu item, their Honey Sesame Chicken Breast. The lightly seasoned healthy greens will balance out the sweet, fried chicken breast pieces in every crunchy bite.
Make a healthy meal prep bowl by preparing a batch of White Rice and topping with the Greens and then Ground Orange Chicken. These bowls will keep for up to 4 days, perfect for a work week of lunches! Plus the bowl is just over 500 calories! (Using 1 serving of each recipe)
Can you make Panda Express Super Greens ahead?
While you can make Panda Express Super Greens ahead, they are best enjoyed freshly made and they only take about 5 minutes to cook. To make the recipe faster for dinner time, prep the vegetables 1-2 days ahead and store in the refrigerator in an airtight plastic bag with a paper towel to absorb moisture.
Most Popular Panda Express Recipes:
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON PANDA EXPRESS SUPER GREENS
- Leafy Greens: Use other leafy greens instead of kale in this recipe. Collard greens have the closest taste and texture but also try Swiss chard, spinach, mustard greens, or broccoli rabe.
- Broccoli: Substitute broccolini, asparagus, or french green beans in this recipe. Or forget the green theme and use cauliflower instead.
- Cabbage: There are all kinds of cabbage you can use besides green cabbage like Napa cabbage, savoy cabbage, or bok choy. Did you know Brussels sprouts are a cabbage and they would taste delicious in this recipe.
- Spices: Use your favorite spices like cumin, coriander, or chili powder or try something new like Chinese Five Spice. For heat, add a dash of cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes.
- Protein: Add leftover Grilled Chicken, taco meat, or baked tofu to Panda Express Super Greens to make a quick healthy lunch or dinner.
- Asian Flavors: Besides Chinese Five Spice, you can add other Asian flavors like toasted sesame oil, oyster sauce, fish sauce, or Rice vinegar to add different layers of flavor. Start with a dash and increase to taste.
- Vegan: To make Vegan Panda Express Super Greens, simply swap the chicken broth for vegetable stock. Use Tamari instead of soy sauce if you want a gluten free side dish.
HEALTHIER CHINESE MAIN DISH RECIPES:
HOW TO STORE PANDA EXPRESS SUPER GREENS
- Serve: Serve the Super Greens freshly made, and keep at room temperature for up to 2 hours before storing.
- Store: These Panda Express Super Greens can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in a sealed container.
- Freeze: Allow Super Greens to cool completely and then freeze in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating in a lightly oiled wok.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic , mined
- 1 teaspoon ginger , minced
- 8 cups kale , chopped
- 4 cups green cabbage , cut into 1" chunks
- 4 cups broccoli , cut into florets
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Add the vegetable oil to a large dutch oven or wok on medium high heat.
- Add in the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for 15 seconds then add in the kale and cabbage.
- Stir and cook for 1 minute then add in the broccoli, chicken broth and soy sauce.
- Stir to coat well, then cover and steam for 3 minutes before serving.
I made this recipe last night and it was an exact duplicate of the Panda Express version. Delicious. It was quick and easy to make. Thanks so much for the tip!
This recipe was so delicious!!! I sprinkled 1/2tsp sugar after cooking and it tastes just like Panda Express supergreens, my fave!!!!
I love the super greens at Panda Express…I can’t wait to try this copycat at home!
Wow, another great Panda Express recipe. We are going to make this, when we make another batch of your other great Panda Express chicken recipe. Thanks for always sharing these with all of us, who are not as good at cloning recipes as you or Todd Wilbur is. And, it’s a shame that no one has a Popeye’s Cajun fries recipe, because it might be similar to Todd Wilbur’s KFC fry recipe — but with cajun spices.
What form of ginger do you use? Is ground or sliced? Does it matter? Thanks!
I minced the ginger for this recipe. Enjoy!
Amazing!!! One thing I’m trying to figure out is how many grams total is one serving? Any idea?
Roughly 1 cup
It tasted so similar!! We all loved it and can’t wait to make it again!
So glad you enjoyed it, Eden.
This is such a great dish. So full of all the things our bodies need. I’m going to make to have this week. My body could use a veggie or 2 right about now.
Always a good addition!
Yum! These look delicious. I always love Panda Express copycats because I just feel like they are healthier!
Thank you so much for sharing this! I love these and panda express is obviously currently closed. Can’t wait to try tomorrow.