Ravioli Lasagna Bake is made with layers of flavorful ground beef, cheesy ravioli, and melty ricotta, provolone, and mozzarella cheeses.
This amazing Ravioli Lasagna is a fun and cheesy twist on Classic Lasagna that uses ravioli pasta instead of lasagna noodles. It’s the perfect Weeknight Meal that is sure to be a favorite dish with the whole family.
RAVIOLI LASAGNA BAKE
This is one of those family recipes that you’ll find yourself going back to all the time. It’s just like lasagna, only with extra cheesy goodness from the ravioli. Apart from the ravioli, this dish uses the basic ingredients as traditional lasagna. The combination of tomato, delicious meat sauce and melty cheese give the comforting dish the same flavor of lasagna.
To get the casserole ready, all you have to do is cook the ravioli, and combine the tomatoes, Marinara Sauce, and meat mixture. Then add a layer of pasta to the bottom of the baking dish. Top the layer of pasta off with the sauce, and 3 cheeses. Then add another layer of ravioli followed by the remaining sauce and cheese, and bake.
After the cooking time, you’ll have the most amazing, melty, comforting dinner ever. It’s completely kid-friendly and super filling so it is perfect for a family weeknight meal.
MORE ITALIAN RECIPES
- Cheese ravioli: Ravioli is the perfect fun replacement for typical, flat lasagna noodles. Because of the structured box shape, they are still great for the lasagna structure and hold up well in the layers of the casserole.
- Meat mixture: The ground beef makes this recipe wonderfully filling. Sear the beef over medium heat along with the onion and garlic cloves for flavorful and browned meat ready to bake with the rest of the ingredients.
- Tomato sauce: All you need for the tomato portion of this recipe is marinara sauce and diced tomatoes. It’s easy to mix together, and gives the dish a nice fresh and tangy taste. Plus, the moisture is important in helping the whole dish to bake together.
- Cheese mixture: The mix of ricotta, provolone and mozzarella form a classic Italian blend that’s perfect to use in baked dishes like this one. They become wonderfully stringy and melty during the baking time.
RAVIOLI LASAGNA IN ADVANCE
This is the perfect recipe for easy dinner prep. You can keep frozen Ravioli Lasagna for 1-2 months before serving. Just prep and bake the recipe according to the recipe directions, making sure your baking dish is freezer-safe. Then instead of serving right away, wait for the lasagna to cool to room temperature. Once it’s cooled, tightly cover the entire dish in plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Be sure to wrap it carefully to avoid any freezer burn on the frozen cheese ravioli lasagna.
Write the date on the top of the aluminum foil, so you know when you stored the frozen Ravioli Lasagna. When you’re ready to serve, take the lasagna from the freezer, and unwrap it. Set the oven to 375 degrees and reheat the lasagna for about an hour or until warmed through.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
- Seasonings: You can add different flavors to the recipe with ingredients like fresh basil, oregano, thyme, and rosemary.
- Meat: Instead of ground beef you can try different kinds of meat mixtures like Italian sausage, chicken sausage, or ground turkey.
- Vegetarian: On the other hand, if you want to make the dish vegetarian, you can leave out the meat. To still keep the dish nice and filling, add extra veggies like bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, and carrots.
- Cheese: You can experiment with the cheese mixture by using other types of cheese like sharp cheddar cheese, gorgonzola, muenster, or parmesan cheese.
ITALIAN SIDE DISHES
HOW TO STORE
- Serve: After cooking, you don’t want to leave this awesome dinner recipe at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Store: To keep leftovers, let them cool then cover the baking dish in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. It will keep well in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Freeze: Wrap the dish in plastic wrap followed by aluminum foil to keep it sealed. It’ll keep well in the freezer for 1-2 months.
- 1 pound cheese ravioli
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 yellow onion , chopped
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 30 ounces marinara sauce
- 29 ounces diced tomatoes , undrained
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup provolone cheese , shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese , shredded
- Cook pasta one minute shy of the directions on the box and drain, do not rinse.
- To a large heavy skillet, add the ground beef and onions on medium-high heat.
- Cook while breaking apart the beef, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and stir, cooking until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Add marinara sauce and diced tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees while the sauce is simmering.
- In a greased 9x13 pan, add ¼ of the ravioli and top with ⅓ of the sauce, ⅓ cup ricotta cheese, ¼ cup provolone cheese, and ¼ cup mozzarella cheese.
- Layer the remaining ravioli, sauce, ricotta cheese, provolone cheese, and mozzarella cheese ending with ravioli, provolone cheese, and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
Photos used in a previous version of this post.