Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Sriracha Chicken is an easy weeknight dinner with just 4 ingredients in your crockpot! Sticky sweet, spicy chicken thighs in a rich, flavorful, garlicky sauce.
SLOW COOKER SRIRACHA CHICKEN
The next time you are looking for an easy, flavorful chicken recipe for a busy weeknight, this is the recipe for you! The spicy, sweet sriracha sauce is full of Asian flavor but you could easily serve this chicken with any of your favorite noodles, rice, or BBQ side dishes. This crockpot Sriracha Chicken is prepped in minutes for a dump and go dinner that’s delicious all year round.
The prep time for Slow Cooker Sriracha Chicken is so quick and easy! Simply whisk the brown sugar with the garlic and sriracha to make the sweet sriracha sauce, and pour over your chicken thighs. No need for marinating or browning the chicken. Save even more time with a garlic press or buying pre-minced garlic.
MORE EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
You won’t believe how much flavor comes from just 3 ingredients. The best part about recipes with so few ingredients, like this Slow Cooker Sriracha Chicken, is that you can easily add what you have on hand. There flavors are simple and pair with so many different items in your pantry. One of the easiest swaps is honey to make Honey Sriracha Chicken that is just as addicting as this brown sugar chicken!
The sticky, sweet sauce on Slow Cooker Sriracha Chicken is great with go-to sides like Mashed Potatoes and Baked Mac and Cheese. Slow Cooker Sriracha Chicken is a delicious healthy meal prep with Brown Rice and Roasted Broccoli. Garnish Sriracha Chicken with lime wedges, cilantro, green onions, and sesame seeds.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON SLOW COOKER SRIRACHA CHICKEN
- Honey: Use ½ cup honey instead of the brown sugar to make this Slow Cooker Honey Sriracha Chicken. The honey-sriracha chicken sauce will be extra sticky and delicious!
- Bacon: Toss each chicken thigh in the sriracha sauce and then wrap in 2 slices of bacon before cooking. Bacon is great to use for boneless chicken breasts so it stays moist and juicy.
- Hot Sauce: Use your favorite hot sauces instead of sriracha to change the spiciness of the sauce. Add garlic chile sauce (sambal oelek) to really bring out the tangy, garlicky flavors.
- Flavors: Add a tangy, vinegary element to Slow Cooker Sriracha Chicken with lime juice, rice vinegar, or apple cider vinegar. Soy sauce or sesame oil would add an umami taste to balance the sweet and spicy sauce.
- Chicken Breasts: If you want to use boneless chicken breasts, keep whole and wrap in bacon or add a liquid like chicken broth to keep the chicken moist. Shred chicken breasts or cut into bite-size pieces after it’s cooked for tacos or sandwiches!
Baked Sriracha Chicken
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk all the ingredients, except chicken, in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large skillet (oven safe) over medium-high heat, brown the chicken thighs skin side down for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken thighs, tossing to coat.
- Bake chicken thighs for 30-35 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
MORE SLOW COOKER CHICKEN RECIPES
HOW TO STORE SLOW COOKER SRIRACHA CHICKEN
- Serve: You can keep Slow Cooker Sriracha Chicken on warm for up to 4 hours, but it’s served right away so it stays juicy. Store after no more than 2 hours at room temperature.
- Store: Place cooled Slow Cooker Sriracha Chicken in an airtight container and refrigerate up to 4 days. Reheat in the oven on low heat, with sauce, for best taste and to keep chicken from drying out.
- Freeze: Once cooled, store Slow Cooker Sriracha Chicken in a sealed container and freeze up to 3 months. Thaw overnight before reheating in the oven.
- 5 chicken thighs , bone-in, skin-on
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar , packed
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha Sauce
- 1/4 cup green onions , sliced - optional (for garnish)
- Rub chicken all over with Sriracha, salt and pepper then place into slow cooker.
- Top with garlic and brown sugar over the chicken thighs.
- Cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
- For crispy skin, put chicken on a baking sheet, 8 inches below the broiler in the oven on high heat for 2-3 minutes.