Snickers Salad made with vanilla pudding, Cool whip and crisp Granny Smith Apples. Chewy, creamy, tart and sweet, the perfect potluck summer dessert.
SNICKERS APPLE SALAD
This may not be your traditional salad, but I guarantee this easy recipe will be a hit at your next potluck or summer bbq party!
Chopped up candy bars, creamy vanilla pudding mixed with Cool Whip (I use my homemade version) or Easy Whipped Cream, and tart granny smith apples in a large bowl, this recipe is easy, creamy, sweet and sour with bits of peanut-caramel-nougat bites of candy bar bits.
It’s like a caramel apple dessert with a creamy vanilla whipped topping. How bad can that be right? You can even top it with some caramel sauce to make it more indulgent or give it more of a cheesecake flavor (like my classic New York Cheesecake) by substituting the vanilla pudding for cream cheese (make sure it’s room temperature) and skipping the cup of milk. You will need about 1/3 cup of additional sugar as well.
How to Make Snickers Salad:
- Whisk together the vanilla instant pudding and 1 cup milk
- Let instant pudding mixture sit for five minutes.
- Fold in one container cool whip topping.
- Add in the chopped granny smith apples.
- Fold in the bite-size pieces of Snickers Candy bars.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Just like the Grape Salad recipe we just posted, this American comfort food dessert salad recipe is a hit during the holidays too (especially Easter and Thanksgiving).
It works well for large crowds too – just be sure if you are taking your time to prep the apples you toss them in a bit of lemon juice to keep them from browning.
We have made this recipe for potlucks, picnics, bbqs and office parties (you will be the hit of your office party!).
Banana Pudding Snickers Salad
Snickers Salad isn’t just reserved for Granny Smith Apples. Next time you make this, if you want another fun fruit option try using bananas. This is the best banana pudding recipe I’ve ever served before, better than the classic version x 10.
- Swap the vanilla pudding mix for banana pudding.
- Swap the apples for sliced bananas (be sure to use firm bananas, not very ripe ones).
- Add crushed vanilla wafers to the top of the Snickers Salad just before serving.
Tropical Snickers Salad
If bananas alone aren’t a flavor you’d like, you can bring the flavor of the tropics into your dessert.
- Replace the vanilla pudding with banana pudding.
- Swap the Granny Smith Apples with half bananas and half strawberries
- Add in 1 cup of crushed pineapples (drained and squeezed to remove juice) to your pudding mixture.
- Top with maraschino cherries snd sweetened shredded coconut.
More Easy Side Dishes: Summer wouldn’t be summer without easy sides you can serve along side this Snickers Apple Salad Recipe.
- Potato Salad – The classic summer side dish.
- Easy Fruit Salad – Add a healthy fruit salad option along side this creamy dessert recipe.
- Macaroni Salad – Perfectly easy, creamy and quick.
- Cole Slaw – Using pre-shredded cabbage makes this a 5 minute dish!
- Baked Beans – These are AWARD WINNING baked beans – multiple awards.
- Baked Mac and Cheese – You will LOVE this recipe and make it for every get-together.
- Pasta Salad – The classic summer side (made with bottled or homemade dressing recipes).
Apple Snickers Salad
- Yield: 10 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Course: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 3.4 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip (homemade recipe)
- 6 grannysmith apples
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Snickers bars , 6 full size bars
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Whisk together the vanilla pudding and milk and let sit for five minutes before gently folding in Cool Whip.
- Add in the chopped apples and Snickers bars and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Yield: 10 servings, Amount per serving: 252 calories, Calories: 252g, Carbohydrates: 45g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 9mg, Sodium: 143mg, Potassium: 246mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 35g, Vitamin A: 3.5g, Vitamin C: 6.2g, Calcium: 8g, Iron: 1.6g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.