Snickers Salad with vanilla pudding, Cool Whip, candy bars and apples is chewy, creamy, tart and sweet, the perfect potluck summer dessert.
This may not be your traditional salad, this easy recipe will be a hit at your next potluck or summer bbq party! Chopped up candy bars, creamy vanilla pudding mixed with Cool Whip (try this homemade version) or Easy Whipped Cream, and tart granny smith apples in a large bowl, this recipe is easy, creamy, sweet and sour with bits of peanut-caramel-nougat bites of candy bar bits.
It’s like a caramel apple dessert with a creamy vanilla whipped topping. How bad can that be right? You can even top it with some caramel sauce to make it more indulgent or give it more of a cheesecake flavor (like classic New York Cheesecake) by substituting the vanilla pudding for cream cheese (make sure it’s room temperature) and skipping the cup of milk. You will need about ⅓ cup of additional sugar as well.
Just like Grape Salad, this American comfort food dessert salad recipe is a hit during the holidays too (especially Easter and Thanksgiving).
It works well for large crowds too – just be sure if you are taking your time to prep the apples, toss them in a bit of lemon juice to keep them from browning. This recipe is perfect for potlucks, picnics, BBQs and office parties (you will be the hit of your office party!).
Create a free account to Save Recipes
Frequently Asked Questions
Whisk together the vanilla instant pudding and 1 cup milk
Let instant pudding mixture sit for five minutes.
Fold in one container Cool Whip topping.
Add in the chopped granny smith apples.
Fold in the bite-size pieces of Snickers Candy bars.
Refrigerate until serving.
Snickers Salad isn’t just reserved for Granny Smith Apples. Next time you make this, if you want another fun fruit option try using bananas. This version is the best banana pudding recipe you’ll ever serve!
Swap the vanilla pudding mix for banana pudding.
Swap the apples for sliced bananas (be sure to use firm bananas, not very ripe ones).
Add crushed vanilla wafers to the top of the Snickers Salad just before serving.
If bananas alone aren’t a flavor you’d like, you can bring the flavor of the tropics into your dessert. Replace the vanilla pudding with banana pudding, and swap the Granny Smith apples with half bananas and half strawberries. Then add in 1 cup of crushed pineapples (drained and squeezed to remove juice) to your pudding mixture. Top with maraschino cherries snd sweetened shredded coconut.
More Easy Side Dishes: Summer wouldn’t be summer without easy sides you can serve along side this Snickers Apple Salad Recipe.
- Potato Salad – THE classic summer side dish.
- Easy Fruit Salad – Add a healthy fruit salad option along side this creamy dessert recipe.
- Macaroni Salad – Perfectly easy, creamy and quick.
- Cole Slaw – Using pre-shredded cabbage makes this a 5 minute dish!
- Baked Beans – These are AWARD WINNING baked beans – multiple awards.
- Baked Mac and Cheese – You will LOVE this recipe and make it for every get-together.
- Pasta Salad – The classic summer side (made with bottled or homemade dressing recipes).
How to Store Snickers Salad
- Serve: Do not leave Snickers Salad at room temperature longer than 2 hours, due to the dairy in the recipe.
- Store: While leftovers are rare, they can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Freeze: It is not recommended to freeze this recipe, as it will become runny when thawed and the apples will turn brown.
- 3.4 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip , (homemade recipe)
- 6 Granny Smith apples
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Snickers bars , 6 full size bars
- Whisk together the vanilla pudding and milk and let sit for five minutes before gently folding in Cool Whip.
- Add in the chopped apples and Snickers bars and refrigerate until ready to serve.