Thai Curry Chicken Wings are spicy, crispy wings perfect for any party! Baked chicken wings in a buttery green curry sauce, ready in an hour!
These hot and spicy wings are full of so much flavor and go perfectly with a cool ranch dip. They are the best party appetizer for game days, holiday celebrations or whenever you want hot wings.
This recipe has an easy but exotic blend of spices that come from green curry paste and ground coriander. If you haven’t had green Thai curry, be warned that it can be very spicy. If you want all the same green curry flavor with less heat, check that your green curry paste is mild.
Both the green curry paste and the green hot sauce can be found in the Asian food section at most grocery stores. You can also use green Tabasco or a green hot sauce made with tomatillos (much milder). Fish sauce is also found in the Asian food aisle.
Easily make these wings ahead of time! Bake wings like normal and prepare the Thai Curry sauce on the side. Refrigerate the chicken wings and sauce in separate airtight containers for up to 1 day. On game day, bake the chicken wings at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes, or until hot. Toss in sauce and bake for 5 more minutes.
Like all spicy wings, these Curry Wings go great with Ranch Dressing to tame the heat. Or even more delicious option would be Indian Raita, a cool, creamy (easy!) Indian dip that tastes amazing with curry flavors. Serve them together for an impressive new appetizer your guests will love!
These wings are a delicious appetizer but you can also make them for an easy dinner. If you want to make Thai Curry Chicken Wings for dinner, serve them with White Rice or Cold Thai Noodle Salad, plus an easy veggie side dish like Sautéed Green Beans.
MORE TASTY CHICKEN WING RECIPES
Create a free account to Save Recipes
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Make your wings even spicier by adding serrano peppers or Thai Bird Chilis. You’ll want to wear gloves handling Thai peppers, they pack a punch!
Give your Thai Curry Chicken Wings a creamy sauce by adding a ½ cup coconut milk to the sauce ingredients and warming on the stove until hot.
Make Thai Red Curry Wings with 2 tablespoons red curry paste, ½ tablespoons sriracha (for extra spicy) and brown sugar.
Lemongrass, Thai basil, oyster sauce, ginger, and lime are all classic Thai flavors that you can add to the sauce for your Thai Curry Chicken Wings.
MORE GAME DAY RECIPES
HOW TO STORE THAI CURRY CHICKEN WINGS
- Serve: Thai Curry Chicken Wings can be at room temperature for up to 2 hours before you need to store them.
- Store: Keep Thai Curry Chicken Wings in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes.
- Freeze: Flash freeze your wings on a baking sheet for one hour then place in a freezer bag or sealed container. Freeze for up to 3 months and reheat in the oven.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 32 chicken wings , patted dry with paper towels
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons Thai green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro , for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, salt, coriander and allspice.
- Add in the chicken wings and toss to coat, then evenly drizzle oil over the chicken and toss to coat again.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes until chicken is crispy and cooked through.
- In a large bowl whisk the butter, fish sauce and curry paste then toss with chicken wings.
- Bake them for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro.