White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies are perfectly chewy, soft, sweet cookies that are the perfect addition to your holiday baking and ready in 25 minutes!
This easy Cookie Recipe is sort of like a holiday version of a classic Chocolate Chip Cookie. It has the same sweet, buttery, vanilla cookie base, but with white chocolate in place of semisweet and with the addition of delicious cranberries. The white and red colors make it look festive as well as taste delicious.
WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY COOKIES
White chocolate and cranberries make an easy and delicious flavor combination. The white chocolate is extra sweet and milky while the cranberries bring a nice tartness. They balance each other out perfectly in this gooey, buttery cookie. Plus with all the cranberry recipes around the holidays, like Cranberry Sauce, these are the perfect cookies to get everyone in the spirit for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
As far as Holiday cookies go these White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies are quick, simple, and so easy to make. They’re just as easy as a chocolate chip cookie. Just combine the wet then dry ingredients, fold in the mix-ins, bake and enjoy!
I especially love how the smell of fresh baked cookies and cranberries fill the house while they’re in the oven. It only takes them 10 minutes to bake, but by the time they’re done the smell alone has my mouth watering. In fact, the hardest part of the whole recipe is having the patience to let them cool down before digging in. After just a little bit of waiting you’ll have a perfectly warm, gooey cookie.
White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies are an excellent addition to any holiday dessert platter. The cranberries bring a rich, tart flavor, that’s a little more grown up and contrasts with super sweet cookies like Sugar Cookies and Triple Chocolate Cookies. That’s not to say that your kids won’t love these cookies too. I usually freeze some of the cookies and only put a few out at a time because otherwise my family could eat them all in one sitting.
MORE TRADITIONAL HOLIDAY COOKIES
TIPS FOR MAKING WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY COOKIES
- Prep: Leave the butter out to fully soften for a few hours before starting the recipe. This will make sure the butter creams nicely and mixes beautifully into the dough. Once the butter is softened preheat the oven, line your baking sheet with parchment paper and start the recipe.
- Dough: When you’re mixing together the butter and sugar make sure to continue stirring it together for about a minute until it reaches a light, fluffy consistency. Once it’s fluffy you can add in the eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix in the dry ingredients more slowly, and only mix until just combined.
- Chocolate and cranberries: For the final step in making the dough, mix in the white chocolate chips and cranberries. To make a beautiful presentation leave some of the cranberries and chips out of the dough. After you form the dough into balls add a few pieces of white chocolate and cranberries to the top. Putting some on top instead of just folding the cranberries and chocolate into the dough will put beautiful red and white pieces outside instead of them all being covered by the dough.
- Bake: Place the cookie dough balls about 2 inches apart so there’s room for the cookies to spread. Press the dough down slightly to flatten them. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes. Then make sure to let them cool for 5 before removing them from the baking sheet.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY COOKIES
- Chocolate Chips: You can replace the white chocolate chips with other kinds of chocolate chips like milk chocolate, semisweet, or dark chocolate. You can also mix a few different kinds of chocolate chips into your cookies like white and dark chocolates.
- Fruit: Instead of cranberries try using other dried fruits like raisins, cherries, or dates.
- Mix-ins: There are so many different mix-ins you can try in this recipe. For some crunch add in pecans, walnuts, almonds or cashews. To change up the flavor try mixing in almond extract, orange zest, or lemon juice.
MORE HOLIDAY CRANBERRY RECIPES
HOW TO STORE WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY COOKIES
- Serve: White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies will stay good at room temperature for up to 3 days. Put them in a ziplock bag or other airtight container to keep in your pantry.
- Store: You can also put them in an airtight container to store in the fridge for up to a week.
- Freeze: If you want to get some of your holiday baking done ahead of time, you can make these cookies and store them in the freezer for 2-3 months. Let them thaw in the fridge and pop them in the oven for a couple minutes so they taste freshly baked when you serve them.
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar , packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries , chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add butter, brown sugar, and sugar to your stand mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt then add to the stand mixer on the lowest speed setting.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Roll into 1" balls and add them 2 inches apart to your baking sheet, pressing them down slightly to flatten them.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cookie sit for 5 minutes before removing from the baking sheet.
I’ve made these a few times for friends & they get rave reviews. Thank you! I’ve added extra white chocolate chips & cranberries while keeping everything else the same & they’ve still turned out well.
So glad the recipe has worked out so well for you! Thanks for the tip on the extra chocolate chips and cranberries!
I love this cookie recipe, I’ll make for Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.