5-Ingredient Pumpkin Pie is the perfect easy recipe with a rich, sweet, creamy filling and flaky pie crust. Perfect for Thanksgiving!
This is a simple 5-ingredient variation on a classic Pumpkin Pie Recipe that turns out just as sweet and deliciously spiced. Enjoy this classic Dessert with minimal work!
5-INGREDIENT PUMPKIN PIE
This recipe is a real game-changer for the holidays. There are no special ingredients or tricky directions. Just combine the pie filling, and bake it in the flaky crust for instant fall flavors. You can have all the homemade flavor of rich pumpkin pie, but with just a handful of simple ingredients.
If you are using store-bought pie crust and pumpkin pie spice blend, then the prep work only takes about 5 minutes. However, you can also take a little extra time to make a Homemade Pie Crust and stir together the Pumpkin Spice. Just keep in mind that, while the recipe is simple, homemade pie dough has to be refrigerated for 4 hours. So, you’ll need to start the recipe a lot further in advance.
To finish off the delicious Pumpkin Pie, slice it into wedges and top each one off with your favorite toppings. It would taste great with a dollop of Cool Whip or some Chocolate Sauce. It’s the ultimate Fall dessert that everyone is sure to love!
MORE PUMPKIN RECIPES
- Pumpkin purée: With just a handful of ingredients, all the ingredients in the recipe are crucial. Probably the most essential part of the recipe is the canned pumpkin filling. It gives the pie a luscious pumpkin flavor and creamy texture.
- Sweetened condensed milk: Many pumpkin pie recipes use evaporated milk, but by using already-sweetened condensed milk you get the same results and you don’t have to add extra sugar.
- Eggs: Whisking two eggs into the pumpkin mixture sets up the pie’s amazing silky texture.
- Pumpkin pie spice blend: Pumpkin spice just might be the most iconic fall flavor there is. The mixture is made with a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice. It adds a warm and festive flavor to the whole dessert.
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Then get out your pie plate lined with the unbaked pie crust.
- Pumpkin pie filling: Add the pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, and pumpkin spice to a large bowl. Mix until the pumpkin pie mix is well combined. Pour the mixture into the pie crust. The filling should be quite runny before baking.
- Baking time: Bake for 15 minutes, then lower the temperature to 350 degrees and continue to bake for 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Changing the baking temperatures is crucial to making sure the pie bakes throughout before the outside burns. If you notice the pie crust edges browning too quickly, tent the edges with foil, and then continue baking.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
- Graham cracker crust: Instead of a traditional pie crust, you can enjoy this recipe with a simple Graham Cracker Crust. Just combine 1 ½ cups cracker crumbs, ⅓ cup sugar, and 6 tablespoons melted butter. Once they’re combined, press the crumb layer over the bottom of the pie plate and top it off with the pumpkin filling.
- Gingersnap cookie crust: To add more warm, spiced flavor to the dessert, you could make a gingersnap cookie crust. Follow the same directions as the graham cracker crust, but with gingersnap cookie crumbs. To easily make gingersnap cookie crumbs, you can just pulse the cookies in your food processor, then combine them with the butter and sugar.
- Chocolate chips: For a sweet, chocolatey flavor, you can whisk a cup of mini chocolate chips into the pumpkin pie filling.
HOW TO STORE
- Serve: Fresh Homemade Pumpkin Pie can stay good at room temperature for up to 2 hours.
- Store: After that time, you should tightly cover any leftovers to store them. The pie will stay good in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Freeze: To freeze the Pumpkin Pie, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then tin foil. You can keep it frozen for up to 2 months.
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin puree
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pie crust
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk together the pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice until smooth and creamy.
- Add pie crust to your pie plate.
- Add filling to the pie plate and cook for 15 minutes.
- *IMPORTANT* Lower the temperature to 350 degrees. Continue to cook for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- If crust browns too quickly, tent edges with foil.
Easy and great pumpkin flavor. The whole family loved it. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful recipes.