Bacon Blue Cheese Potato Salad takes the classic potato salad and kicks it up a notch with the flavors of bacon and blue cheese. This will be a summer bbq favorite!
Bacon Blue Cheese Potato Salad has become one of our favorite potato salad recipes because with the addition of two such strong flavors you don’t feel like you’re eating pure carbs for the sake of it. We like to make different flavored sides and salads because when people come over they always expect something different from the normal backyard party.
This Bacon Blue Cheese Potato Salad came about because we were making bacon and blue Cheese burger covered in Jack Daniel’s sauce (this is so good!). With some extra bacon and blue cheese left over we mixed it into the salad. Okay if I am telling the truth I also added crispy thin onion rings. That may just be gilding the lily though for this recipe.
Looking for more summer salads?
- Creamy Bacon Pea Salad
- Italian Antipasto Pasta Salad
- Easy Greek Pasta Salad
- Mexican Avocado BLT Pasta Salad
- 10 Minute Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
Maybe some potato salads?
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- Roasted Potato Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
- Yukon Gold and Green Onion Potato Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette
Tools Used in the making of this Bacon Blue Cheese Potato Salad:
Large Pot with Steamer Insert: Makes life so much easier to lift the potatoes out at once and let them cool without risking a burn trying to strain them into a colander.
Kosher Salt: In 99% of the recipes on this site, you’ll find Kosher salt used. It’s super inexpensive but the flavor is miles better than table salt and less overwhelmingly salty.
Duke’s Mayo: Best mayonnaise ever, and really does add so much to the potato salad. It is more readily available in the middle and east coast of the country, but hey Amazon Prime folks!
Bacon Blue Cheese Potato Salad
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Course: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 2 pounds potatoes peeled and cut into 1" chunks
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup blue cheese dressing or an additional 1/4 mayo and 2 tablespoons of blue cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 6 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbled
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Fill a large pot 2/3 of the way with room temperature/cold water and add in the potato chunks.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt.
Turn the heat to high and cook the potatoes for 12-15 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, blue cheese dressing, mayonnaise, celery, most of the bacon, most of the blue cheese and green onion.
- Stir to combine then add the potatoes and gently toss to combine.
- Garnish with blue cheese and bacon and serve.
Yield: 8 Servings, Amount per serving: 270 calories, Calories: 270g, Carbohydrates: 15g, Protein: 7g, Fat: 20g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 23mg, Sodium: 698mg, Potassium: 557mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 3g, Vitamin C: 16.8g, Calcium: 9.2g, Iron: 21.6g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.