Brazilian Brigadeiros Candies are are chocolatey, fudgy treats coated in chocolate sprinkles for extra texture and sweetness. Made with just 4 ingredients!
Brigadeiros are a delicious chocolate similar to a Chocolate Truffle. They’re bite-sized, soft, sweet, and absolutely addicting! If you’re looking for an easy Homemade Candy, this is the way to go.
BRAZILIAN BRIGADEIROS CANDIES
Brigadeiros are a traditional Brazilian dessert. They were originally made in Rio de Janeiro by Heloisa Nabuco de Oliveira, and have been a dessert staple ever since. Brigadeiro balls are now a common treat to serve for celebrations, and are found in most bakeries as well as made at home. With this easy recipe, you can make your own to enjoy any time you want!
The Brazilian chocolate truffle is made using wonderfully simple ingredients like chocolate powder, sweetened condensed milk, butter, and high-quality chocolate sprinkles. Mixing together the ingredients for Brazilian fudge balls only takes about 15 minutes, and then it’s just a matter of letting the mixture set before you shape the delicious candies.
Sweet Brigadeiros are an easy treat to make to satisfy your sweet tooth, serve at a party, or give as a gift. If you’re sending them out as a gift, try putting them in a box with other homemade chocolates. You can make Chocolate Fudge, Peanut Butter Cups, and Nut Clusters for a homemade assorted chocolate box. Put each piece of candy in paper candy cups to keep them separate, and put layers of parchment paper between each layer of chocolate in the box. It’s a thoughtful and homemade gift that anyone is sure to love!
TIPS FOR MAKING BRAZILIAN BRIGADEIROS CANDIES
- Chocolate mix: Put a medium saucepan or pot over low heat then add your butter, sweetened condensed milk, and cocoa powder. Whisk the ingredients until the unsweetened cocoa powder is combined into the liquid. Continue whisking for about 10-15 minutes as the chocolate mix thickens. Keep mixing until it’s thick enough you can lift the whisk and have ribbons of the chocolate mixture dripping off that don’t disappear right away, and you can see the bottom of the pot for over 1 second after stirring.
- Chill: Pour the mixture into a heat-proof dish and let it chill for 2 hours.
- Shape: Roll the chilled chocolate into 1 inch balls with your hands. To make sure the chocolate doesn’t stick to your fingers while rolling them, you can use plastic gloves or greased hands. Roll each ball in chocolate sprinkles then place them in individual candy cups. The paper candy cups make them easier to store, serve, and package.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON BRAZILIAN BRIGADEIROS CANDIES
- Salt: For some salty taste along with the sweet add a pinch of salt to the top of each piece of chocolate. Sea salt or flake salt will work best.
- Dry coconut: Try rolling the chocolate treats in dry coconut for a layer of coconut flakes on top.
- Birthday Brigadeiros: If you want to make them for a birthday party try using rainbow sprinkles instead of the crunchy chocolate sprinkles.
- Decorations: There are plenty of other ways you can decorate these delicious treats to make them for any occasion. Try using orange and chocolate sprinkles for Halloween, using red and pink sprinkles for Valentine’s, or red and green sprinkles for Christmas.
- Peanut: Try making peanut butter Brigadeiros by coating the chocolate truffles in crushed peanuts. You could also do other nuts like pecans, walnuts or almonds.
- Oreos: Another coating you can use for your chocolate balls are crushed Oreos. Just roll the truffle in the cookie crumbs instead of the chocolate sprinkles.
MORE CHOCOLATE CANDIES
HOW TO STORE BRAZILIAN BRIGADEIROS CANDIES
- Serve: You can keep Brigadeiros at room temperature for up to 3 days in a dry cool place.
- Store: To store the candy longer, put it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Freeze: You can freeze Brigadeiros Candies for up to 3 months. Lay them out in an airtight container with each layer of candies separated by parchment paper.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate jimmies sprinkles
- In a medium pot over low heat add the butter, sweetened condensed milk, and cocoa powder and whisk well.
- Keep whisking for between 10-15 minutes until you can lift the whisk out and see ribbons of liquid that don't immediately disappear, and when you whisk you can see the bottom of the pot for more than 1 second.
- Pour into a heat-safe bowl and chill completely for about 2 hours.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and roll in chocolate jimmies sprinkles.
Hi -Is the cocoa powder unsweetened? Thank you