Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars are perfectly rich and creamy with delicious chocolate chips and an easy, buttery graham cracker crust.
Making a Classic Cheesecake Recipe into Cheesecake Bars is the best way to make them transportable and easy to share with a crowd. Whip up this easy Dessert for your next bake sale, family reunion, party, or potluck. The cheesecake squares are absolutely delicious and made even better with a chocolate chip filling.
CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESECAKE BARS
When it comes to delicious desserts to serve a big group, it’s hard to go wrong with Bar Recipes. They’re easy to make, slice into squares, and then put out for everyone to serve themselves. It is much less hassle and mess than having to slice a fancy cake for everybody.
That’s especially the case with these Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars. Making the cheesecake into a bar recipe cuts out some of the tricky steps you have to worry about with regular cheesecake. There’s no need for a water bath, and the surface of the bars is much less likely to crack during baking.
But, don’t be fooled! Just because they are easy doesn’t mean that these bars aren’t rich and sweet, with the creamy texture we all love from classic cheesecake. They’re the best of both worlds! You get all the simplicity of a quick bar recipe, plus the velvety texture and wonderful tangy taste of a traditional cheesecake.
On top of all that, the chocolate chips mixed into the cheesecake layer makes this dish an instant favorite with the whole family. Delicious chocolate chips, along with the buttery crust, make this recipe like the cheesecake version of everyone’s favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies. What’s not to love?
MORE CHEESECAKE RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESECAKE BARS
- Prep time: Start homemade Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars by preheating the oven to 325 degrees. Then take out your 9×13-inch baking pan and coat it in nonstick cooking spray. You also want to take the cream cheese out of the fridge in advance, so that it’s softened enough to mix easily with the other ingredients.
- Graham cracker crust: While the cream cheese is softening, make the graham cracker crust. Add the graham crackers to your food processor and pulse to break them into crumbs. Then pour the coarse crumbs into a mixing bowl with the granulated sugar and melted butter. Stir the mixture together and then use your hands to press the crust in an even layer into the prepared baking dish.
- Cheesecake batter: To make the cream cheese filling, add the softened cream cheese and sugar to your stand mixer. Set the mixer to high speed until the cream cheese mixture is light and fluffy. Then lower the speed to medium. Add the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract to the cream cheese filling, and mix until the ingredients are smooth. Toss the chocolate chips with flour before folding half of them into the cheesecake batter.
- Combine: Spread the cheesecake layer over the crust. Use an offset rubber spatula to easily smooth it out. Then sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top to finish.
- Baking time: Pop the dish in the preheated oven for 50-55 minutes until the entire cheesecake is set and firm.
- Chilling time: Put the baked Cheesecake Bars in the fridge to chill completely before slicing and serving.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESECAKE BARS
- Buttery cookie crust: You can replace the graham crackers in the crust recipe with cookie crumbs. Try using Oreos or buttery vanilla wafers to make the crumbs in the cookie crumb mixture. Either one of them will taste just as amazing as the classic graham cracker crust.
- Chocolate chips: Instead of classic semi-sweet chocolate chips, you can try using milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, or peanut butter chips in the dessert. You can also replace regular-sized chips with mini chocolate chips.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars: If you love chocolate chip cookies, then you’ll go crazy for this variation on the cheesecake bars. You can add a layer of chocolate chip cookie dough to make chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars. Leave the top layer of chocolate chips off of the bars, and bake as usual. Then spread Edible Cookie Dough over the top of the chilled bars. Either make your own cookie dough or find store bought refrigerated cookie dough. Just make sure it is edible without baking.
MORE AMAZING BAR RECIPES
HOW TO STORE CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESECAKE BARS
- Serve: Give the Cheesecake Bars time to chill in the fridge so that they are fully set before you slice and serve them.
- Store: If you have leftovers, cover the dish in aluminum foil or transfer the bars to an airtight container. Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars will keep well in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Freeze: To freeze the bars, wrap each square in plastic wrap and then seal them all in a freezer bag. Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars can stay good frozen for up to 3 months. Let them thaw in the fridge overnight and then leave them at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs , (24 full crackers)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking dish with baking spray.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter together then press it into the baking dish in an even layer.
- To your stand mixer add the cream cheese and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Lower the speed to medium and add in the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla until smooth.
- Mix chocolate chips with flour.
- Add half of them to the batter and stir.
- Carefully spread the mixture on the crust and sprinkle remaining chips on top of batter.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until set and firm.
- Chill completely before serving.