Cranberry Feta Pinwheels are an easy holiday appetizer made in minutes. Tortillas rolled with cream cheese, dried cranberries, and feta.
Easy finger foods like Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pinwheels are perfect Appetizer Recipes during the holidays. Tortilla roll ups are made in minutes and stored for days so they are ready to party when you are!
CRANBERRY FETA PINWHEELS
During the busy holiday season, easy appetizers that can be made ahead of time are game changers. There’s nothing like knowing you have a full fridge of snacks and side dishes ready to go a day before guests start arriving.
Whether you are having a small get together or a large holiday party, these Cranberry Feta Pinwheels are perfect appetizers to prep ahead and store for up to a week. For best results, store in the refrigerator uncut and wrapped tightly in plastic. The day of your party all you’ll need to do is slice them and place them on a platter.
If you are worried about your tortillas getting soggy, you can also just prep the Cranberry Feta Cream Cheese Spread. It only takes minutes to roll up the wraps so the day of your party just spread the filling, roll and refrigerate for a couple hours.
Cranberry Feta Pinwheels are some of the best tortilla roll ups ever. The slightly sweet cranberries mixed with the savory feta cheese crumbles and bits of green onions is a tasty flavor combination. You can use different tortillas to add even more flavors.
Try using spinach tortillas for these Cranberry Feta Pinwheels for a festive looking wrap. If you want to go full holiday theme, arrange the pinwheels on a large platter in the shape of a Christmas Tree and serve with a side of Cranberry Sauce for dipping.
Make extra Cranberry Feta filling to use as a bagel spread on Christmas morning. The filling will last for about a week stored in the refrigerator and sealed tightly. Or double the recipe and make a Cranberry Feta Cheese Ball that you can store for up to a month!
This is a great recipe to use up Thanksgiving or Christmas leftovers. Add leftover Roasted Turkey or Baked Ham to your Cranberry Feta Pinwheels for an easy, filling lunch tortilla roll up. If you made Cranberry Relish, use that instead of dried cranberries, spreading over the cream cheese instead of mixing in.
MORE CHEESE APPETIZERS FOR THE HOLIDAYS
Create a free account to Save Recipes
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Another holiday combination is Cranberry Brie and Pecan Pinwheels. Cut up brie to replace the feta crumbles and add toasted pecans into the cream cheese mixture.
Nuts and cranberries just go together. Sprinkle a ¼ cup of walnuts, slivered almonds, or pecans onto your cream cheese spread.
Instead of flour tortillas, use spinach tortillas, whole wheat flour tortillas, or make these easy Homemade Scallion Tortillas.
Replace the feta cheese with goat cheese or substitute half the cream cheese with soft goat cheese.
Leftover roasted turkey, Grilled Chicken, or cooked sausage crumbles all would taste amazing in Cranberry Feta Pinwheels.
Make Keto Cranberry Feta Pinwheels by using butter lettuce, low carb wraps, or lavash bread. Cranberries are surprisingly keto-friendly and are low in carbs unlike other berries!
Yes! There are two ways to bake this recipe:
1. Place cut Cranberry Pinwheels into the cups of a muffin tin sprayed with canola oil. The muffin tin keeps the cream cheese from spreading everywhere. Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes, until melty.
2. Use puff pastry sheets instead of tortillas. Spread filling on puff pastry and roll up. Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
MORE APPETIZER FINGER FOODS
HOW TO STORE CRANBERRY FETA PINWHEELS
- Serve: Cranberry Feta Pinwheels can be kept at room temperature for up to 2 hours before they need to be refrigerated.
- Store: Store these pinwheels in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator. Place parchment between layers of pinwheels so tortillas don’t get soggy.
- Freeze: You can freeze these roll ups for up to 2 months. To keep from sticking together, flash freeze on a baking sheet for an hour before storing in a freezer safe bag.
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1 cup feta cheese , crumbled
- 1/4 cup green onions , sliced thinly
- 1 cup dried cranberries , chopped
- 4 burrito sized flour tortillas , plain or red or green for the holidays
- In a large bowl whisk together the cream cheese, feta cheese, green onions and cranberries.
- Evenly spread ½ cup of the filling onto each tortilla.
- Wrap each tortilla in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Cut each tortilla into 12 slices.