Easy Beer Bread Muffins with baking mix are better than biscuits! This 5 ingredient Bisquick recipe is your new favorite buttery breakfast or dinner bread!
Our easy Dinner Rolls have long been a favorite quick Bread Recipe to serve with any meal. This baking mix bread recipe is so delicious and simple, they are definitely tied for ultimate fast dinner side dish!
EASY BEER BREAD MUFFINS WITH BAKING MIX
A box of Bisquick may be known for quick and easy Pancakes and Biscuits, but this old school kitchen staple can do so much more! You can use this miracle baking mix for everything from pizza dough to cookies to these deliciously simple Beer Bread Muffins, ready in less than 30 minutes.
All you need for Easy Beer Bread Muffins is a box of Bisquick, a bottle of beer, sugar, salt, and butter. That’s it, just 5 ingredients for incredibly moist, slightly sweet, buttery muffins that will melt in your mouth. And if you are out of baking mix, there is a quick homemade substitution below. You can double the baking mix and store it in the refrigerator for months!
Unlike regular Beer Bread, for Beer Bread Muffins with baking mix, you want to use a mild flavored beer. A choppy IPA or strong stout will make your bread muffins bitter and overpower the delicate buttery flavor. A darker or heavier beer will also make your muffins chewier. If you use a mild beer like a pilsner or a light beer, your Beer Bread Muffins won’t taste like beer and will be light, sweet, and moist.
Beer Bread Muffins are so fast and easy to make, they are perfect with busy weeknight dinners like Beef Chili, Cheesy Taco Pasta or Baked Spaghetti. Serve them during the holidays instead of French Rolls or double the recipe for a potluck side dish. You can also eat them for breakfast with some more butter and Strawberry Jam or apple butter!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BEER BREAD MUFFINS
VARIATIONS ON BEER BREAD MUFFINS
- Garlic Cheese Beer Bread Muffins: Fold in a 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese and 1 teaspoon garlic powder to the muffin batter. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with parmesan cheese and garlic salt after you brush with the melted butter.
- Bacon Ranch Beer Bread Muffins: Chop up 6 slices bacon, cooked crispy, and fold into muffin batter with 2 tablespoons dry Ranch Dressing Mix. You can also add 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese. After brushing on butter, top with an extra tablespoon ranch mix.
- Mexican Corn Beer Bread Muffins: Combine 1/2 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese, 1 tablespoon diced jalapeño, and 1 cup corn kernels (drained) with muffin batter. You can add Taco Seasoning to the batter and the top of the muffins too!
Homemade Bisquick for Beer Bread Muffins
- Ingredients: 4 cups flour, 2 tablespoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 4 tablespoons vegetable shortening (cubed)
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl.
- Cut butter or shortening into dry ingredients using a pastry cutter until evenly combined.
- You can also pulse ingredients in a food processor until resembles cornmeal.
- Use 4 cups of baking mixture for Beer Bread Muffins recipe.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator up to 3 months in an airtight container.
MORE MAIN DISHES TO SERVE WITH BEER BREAD MUFFINS
HOW TO STORE BEER BREAD MUFFINS
- Serve: These Beer Bread Muffins are best warm and will stay fresh at room temperature up to 3 days. Store covered in a cool, dry place.
- Store: Place Beer Bread Muffins in an airtight container, lined with a paper towel, and refrigerate for up to 1 week. Bring to room temperature or warm in the oven to serve.
- Freeze: Cool Beer Bread Muffins completely before freezing in a sealed container or freezer safe bag. To prevent muffins sticking together flash freeze 1 hour on a baking sheet before storing in a container.
Easy Beer Bread Muffins (with Baking Mix)
- Yield: 12 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Course: Bread
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 4 cups Bisquick
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces beer , not strong flavored
- 2 tablespoons butter , melted
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a muffin tin with baking spray.
- In your stand mixer (or a large bowl with a whisk) combine the bisquick, sugar, salt and beer, until just combined.
- Let sit for five minutes.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin tins (we use an ice cream scoop for the perfect amount).
Bake for 10 minutes, brush with melted butter then bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Yield: 12 servings, Amount per serving: 216 calories, Calories: 216g, Carbohydrates: 30g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 6mg, Sodium: 625mg, Potassium: 73mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 9g, Vitamin A: 58g, Vitamin C: 1g, Calcium: 73g, Iron: 1g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.