Mint Oreo Fudge is creamy, rich white chocolate fudge loaded with Oreo Cookies. With white chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and mint extract.
This easy Candy Recipe combines two of our recent fudge recipes Oreo Fudge and Peppermint Fudge to make a whole new delicious treat! It’s just as easy as the other fudge recipes, and ready for the fridge in just 10 minutes.
MINT OREO FUDGE
Mint and chocolate are two of the best flavor combinations out there. So, it’s no wonder that this rich mint fudge pairs so well with the chocolate-y, cream-filled Oreo pieces. It’s a surprisingly simple recipe that’s great to make around the holidays and use for gift-giving.
Although we often think of making fudge around Christmas time, this Mint Oreo Fudge is in a fun green color that’s perfect for St. Patrick’s Day too. With just a few drops of green food coloring this white chocolate fudge turns a bright, festive green. Serve it along with Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies and Mint Chocolate Chip Blondies for the perfect green-themed St. Patrick’s desserts.
This is the perfect recipe to add to your go-to desserts. It’s great for holidays, parties, or just enjoying as an after dinner treat with your family. The simple ingredients are real crowd-pleasers and are pretty much guaranteed to become a new favorite.
Fudge is also great to make ahead of time and have stored in your freezer because it can keep well for up to 6 months. Be careful to wrap the individual pieces of fudge so they don’t stick together and put them in a freezer bag or other airtight container. Then you can pop them in the fridge to thaw, and enjoy them any time you like.
MORE FUDGE RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING THE PERFECT MINT OREO FUDGE
- Remember to to prep your pan with aluminum foil and non-stick spray to make sure the fudge doesn’t get stuck to the pan.
- To make the Oreo pieces without a mess, put the Oreos in a large freezer bag and seal it. Use a rolling pin or just your hands to break apart the cookies while they’re still in the bag.
- Stir the white chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and salt in a large saucepan. You want to keep the heat low, and stir as the chocolate melts.
- If you’re worried about over or under-cooking your fudge use a candy thermometer. The ideal temperature is about 235 degrees F.
- Turn off the stovetop and add in the mint extract and food coloring. Start with just 4 drops of food coloring and add more as needed. A little goes a long way.
- Stir half the crushed Oreo pieces.
- Pour the fudge into the prepared pan, and add the rest of the Oreos over the top before refrigerating.
- Let the Mint Oreo Fudge set for the full 4 hours in the fridge.
VARIATIONS ON MINT OREO FUDGE
- Chocolate: Instead of making white chocolate fudge, you can exchange the white chocolate chips for semisweet, dark chocolate, or milk chocolate chips to make a more classic Mint Chocolate Fudge.
- Vegan: Fortunately, Oreo cookies are already vegan so this fudge is fairly easy to make vegan. Just exchange the sweetened condensed milk for coconut condensed milk and the chocolate chips for dairy-free chips.
- Oreos: There are so many different flavors of Oreos you could use in your Mint Oreo Fudge. Instead of classic Oreos you could experiment with Mint Oreos, Double Chocolate Oreos, Red Velvet Oreos, or seasonal Oreos with red filling.
- Food Coloring: Make your fudge fit for any occasion depending on what food coloring you use. You could try out orange food coloring for Halloween, or pink for valentines. You could even marble together a combination of red and green fudge for Christmas.
- Add-ins: For some fun additions try mixing in mini chocolate chips, marshmallows, M&M’s or nuts.
MORE OREO DESSERTS
HOW TO STORE MINT OREO FUDGE
- Serve: Once the fudge has set in the fridge, you can keep it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. It’s best to keep it in a somewhat cool place so it doesn’t melt.
- Store: To keep Mint Oreo Fudge in the fridge, put it in a freezer bag or airtight container with the pieces separated by parchment. The fudge will stay good for up to 2 weeks.
- Freeze: Frozen fudge can keep well for up to 6 months.
Mint Oreo Fudge
- Yield: 24 Pieces
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- Course: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 24 ounces white chocolate chips
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 4-8 drops green food coloring , as desired
- 12 Oreos , crushed
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Line an 8x8 pan with foil and spray with vegetable oil spray.
- Add white chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and salt to a large saucepan on low heat.
- Stir until chocolate is melted.
- Turn off heat and add in mint extract and green food coloring (start with 4 drops and add as needed).
- Mix in all but 1/4 cup of the Oreos.
- Spread into baking dish.
- Sprinkle on the remaining 1/4 cup of Oreos into the baking pan.
Refrigerate for 4 hours before slicing.
Yield: 24 Pieces, Amount per serving: 235 calories, Calories: 235g, Carbohydrates: 30g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 12mg, Sodium: 86mg, Potassium: 155mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 28g, Vitamin A: 53g, Vitamin C: 1g, Calcium: 105g, Iron: 1g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.