Mint Chocolate Chip Blondies
Mint Chocolate Chip Blondies that taste just like your favorite ice cream flavor in thick cookie bar form loaded with chocolate chips and a chocolate drizzle.
Mint Chocolate Chip Blondies are one of my favorite desserts we make for the St. Patrick’s Day holiday each year, but I also make them all summer long. They taste like my favorite flavor of ice cream, so enjoying them in the summer with a scoop of ice cream is basically heavenly!
The base of these Mint Chocolate Chip Blondies is a classic blondie recipe with added flavors in the way of the chocolate chips and mint extract.
When it comes to the color of these Mint Chocolate Chip Blondies, I recommend starting with six drops, then mix. If the color is not what you are hoping for, add in 2 drop increments. I used exactly nine drops, but it may vary for you depending on how full your drops are.
For the drizzle topping I use a small ziploc bag that I fill with melted chocolate. Then I trim off the tiniest bit off one corner and use it to drizzle on the chocolate.
Want some more fun St. Patrick’s Day Recipes?
All Things Corned Beef Dinner:
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef Dinner
- Crispy Slow Cooker Corned Beef
- Crispy Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Tin Roof Bistro Brussels Sprouts
- Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots
All Things Mint:
- All The Shamrock Shakes
- McDonald’s Shamrock Chocolate Chip Frappe (Copycat)
- McDonald’s Chocolate Shamrock Shake (Copycat)
- McDonald’s Shamrock Shake (Copycat)
All Things Rainbows:
- Belgian Rainbow Waffles
- Rainbow Roasted Vegetables
- Rainbow Poke Cake With Whipped Cream
- Rainbow Cupcakes with Vanilla Cloud Frosting
Tools Used in the making of these Mint Chocolate Chip Blondies:
Stand Mixer: One of the most beautiful things in my kitchen, the Colbalt Blue is gorgeous!
13×9 inch baking pan: Straight edges, good even baking, this pan is my go to for baking bars or cakes like my Rainbow Poke Cake
Mint Extract: Make sure you are buying “Mint” not “Peppermint” here for authentic flavors.
Gel Colors: If you prefer gel colors because you’ll use it in other recipes, these are the best I’ve found. The green is easy to add, start in very small doses. For this recipe use the Food Coloring Drops (and it may be easier to add one drop at a time as needed), I just always have gel on hand.
Mint Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter 1 1/2 sticks, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar 10 1/2 ounces
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 6-9 drops green food coloring
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour 7 1/2 ounces
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips for inside the blondies
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips for the drizzle on top
Preheat the oven to 350.
Grease a 13x9 inch pan with baking spray or butter and flour.
Add the melted butter and brown sugar together in a stand mixer.
Add the eggs, vanilla, mint extract and green food coloring.
Add in the flour, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips until just combined.
Bake for 22-25 minutes until the top is set but not browning, you don't want to lose the beautiful light green color.
In a microwave safe bowl, microwave an additional 1/2 cup of chocolate chips in 30 second increments until fully melted.
You can use a fork or put the chocolate in a ziploc bag and trim the corner a tiny bit, and add chocolate ribbons to top in a back and forth motion.
Cut into 36 pieces.
Dinner, then Dessert, Inc. owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this site unless authorization is given. If you enjoyed the recipe and would like to publish it on your own site, please re-write it in your own words, and link back to my site and recipe page. Read my disclosure and copyright policy. This post may contain affiliate links.