Slow Cooker Corned Beef Dinner all made in one pot with cabbage, potatoes and carrots for the perfect easy St. Patrick’s Day dinner you can just set and forget.
Slow Cooker Corned Beef Dinner will make your dinner a breeze since all the vegetables cook right along with your corned beef. The method used in this Slow Cooker Corned Beef Dinner is the same as my Crispy Slow Cooker Corned Beef except I use a bit of liquids to cook down the vegetables in this making it a true one pot meal.
Looking for more slow cooker recipes? They’re a favorite around here:
- Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Soup
- Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken
- Crispy Slow Cooker Turkey
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Slow Cooker Bacon Garlic Pork Loin
- and there are many more slow cooker meals on the site…
I make this a bit differently than most people do, keeping the corned beef outside of the liquid and layering the vegetables so the potatoes don’t brown and the cabbage makes a nice even layer to let the carrots rest and stay out of the liquid.
Tools Used in the making of this Slow Cooker Corned Beef Dinner:
Slow Cooker: Love this slow cooker and how programmable it is, it has been a workhorse for me… until…
My New Slow Cooker: This recipe was made in this slow cooker. For larger roasts I also brown the meat in the insert and not lose a bunch of the flavor by transferring the meat and leaving the browned bits behind. If you’re thinking of a new slow cooker, consider it if your budget is open.
AllSpice Spice Rack: I use this spice rack and fill up the bottles with freshly purchased spices. It’s basically one of the most beautiful things in my kitchen and when you’re working with a large quantity of spices, not having to hunt and peck through your cupboards makes everything go at warp speed.
Slow Cooker Corned Beef Dinner
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 15 minutes
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: Irish
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 6 red potatoes washed and cut in half
- 1 small head of cabbage cut in half then into ½ inch steaks
- 1 pound carrots cut into 2" chunks
- 2 cups water
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 pound flat cut corned beef brisket with spice packet
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Place potatoes cut side down, add the carrots and layer the cabbage in an even layer on top.
- Add the water, minced garlic, bay leaf, sugar, apple cider vinegar and black pepper to the top of the vegetables.
- Add the corned beef to the top of the cabbage steaks and rub the spice packet on top of the corned beef
Cook on low for 8-9 hours. Remove bay leaf before serving.
Yield: 6 servings, Amount per serving: 835 calories, Calories: 835g, Carbohydrates: 54g, Protein: 51g, Fat: 45g, Saturated Fat: 14g, Cholesterol: 163mg, Sodium: 3802mg, Potassium: 2372mg, Fiber: 9g, Sugar: 15g, Vitamin A: 12795g, Vitamin C: 160.3g, Calcium: 133g, Iron: 7.6g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.