Peanut Fritos Bars are sweet and salty with crunchy Frito chips, salted peanuts, and creamy peanut butter in easy no-bake dessert squares.
This easy Bar Recipe is great to toss together for a last-minute treat. It’s made with just a handful of ingredients that you can mix together and form into bars quickly. They’re similar to our Peanut Butter Cornflake Bars, but with Frito Corn Chips for a more salty treat.
PEANUT FRITOS BARS
No-bake dessert recipes like this one are great to pull out when you have a lot of family or friends to feed. Prep the peanut butter mixture in a matter of minutes, then just mix it with the corn chips and peanuts to finish. As long as you set aside enough time for the bars to cool, it’s one of the easiest recipes ever!
If you love how easily Rice Krispies Treats come together, these bars are just as simple, but with a salty peanut butter twist. Instead of marshmallows, they’re made with a sugary peanut butter coating. The cereal is also replaced with Fritos corn chips, for an unexpected take on classic no-bake bars.
The combination of salty and sweet ingredients makes it an absolutely irresistible snack. The corn syrup and sugar in the peanut butter mixture bring just enough sweetness to the chips and peanuts for the perfect balance of flavors in these crunchy bars.
You can serve up the delicious treat for an after-school snack, or wrap a square in plastic wrap to pack in a lunch. The peanuts and peanut butter in the recipe also pack the Frito Bars with protein and make them very filling. So they’re the perfect snack to keep you full until dinner or even take with you on a hike for energy.
MORE NO-BAKE BARS
- Prep time: To prep it for the recipe, spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray or line the baking dish with parchment paper so that the bars are easy to get out of the dish later.
- Peanut butter mixture: Add the peanut butter, corn syrup, and white sugar to a saucepan over medium heat. Mix the ingredients together until the sugar is dissolved, and remove it from heat before it boils.
- Corn chip mixture: Add the corn chips and salted peanuts to a large mixing bowl. Then pour the peanut butter mixture over corn chips. Mix until the corn chips and peanuts are coated.
- Chill: Press the mixture into the baking dish, and let it chill completely before slicing them into squares.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
- Chocolate chips: For some chocolate flavor in the Frito Bars, try mixing chocolate chips in with the Fritos and peanut mixture. Milk chocolate chips, semisweet chocolate chips, or dark chocolate chips would all taste amazing.
- Chocolate drizzle: If you’re a lover of chocolate, another way to make Peanut Fritos Bars perfect is with a chocolate drizzle. Put the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and melt them in 30-second increments. Mix the chocolate until creamy, then drizzle over the finished recipe. Let set before serving.
- Cereal Bars: Instead of Fritos, you can try replacing the Frito chips with dry cereal like cornflakes, rice Krispies, or cheerios. This will take away some of the salty flavors and make sweeter cereal bars.
- Mix-ins: There are plenty of delicious mix-ins that you can try in this recipe. M&M’s, Reese’s pieces, or mini Reese’s would be great candies to try out. You could also try different kinds of nuts like pecans, walnuts, or almonds.
MORE PEANUT BUTTER DESSERTS
HOW TO STORE
- Serve: Make sure to let the Frito Bars chill completely before slicing them into squares and serving.
- Store: Cover the dish in plastic wrap or transfer the squares to an airtight container to keep in the fridge for up 1 week.
- Freeze: You can also put the squares in a freezer bag or another airtight container to store in the freezer for up to 6 months. They’ll keep best with the bars separated by parchment paper so that they don’t freeze together.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with vegetable oil spray.
- To a medium saucepan add the peanut butter, corn syrup, and sugar on medium heat.
- Mix well until just dissolved, then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl mix Fritos, salted peanuts, and peanut butter mixture.
- Gently press mixture into baking pan.
- Cool completely, about two hours, before slicing.