Pepperoni Pizza Pot Roast is the ultimate comfort food combo! Pepperoni, tender beef, and veggies slow cooked in Italian marinara for a new family favorite!
PEPPERONI PIZZA POT ROAST
This delicious, fun new recipe is pot roast like you’ve never seen it before! Even the pickiest kids go wild as soon as you say pizza, so you know Pepperoni Pizza Pot Roast will be an instant hit. Adults will love the cacciatore-style sauce, you can tell the kids it’s spaghetti sauce with peppers, and everyone will love fun pepperoni twist.
Pepperoni Pizza Pot Roast is made with common pantry items and spices, like oregano, beef broth, and a jar of marinara sauce. If you are out of jarred spaghetti sauce, or just want homemade, make this quick and easy Marinara Sauce instead. It’s so easy you can make it while your chuck roast is searing.
This Pepperoni Pizza Pot Roast is a main dish that you can make in the oven, on the stove top, in a slow cooker, or in an Instant Pot. However you cook it, you are going to get fork tender beef in an amazingly beefy red sauce. Oh, and don’t forget the added smoky, slightly spicy flavor from the pepperoni. Yum! Check out the bottom of the post for all the ways to prepare Pepperoni Pot Roast.
The red sauce on Pepperoni Pizza Pot Roast is thicker than other pot roasts, but not quite as thick as a spaghetti sauce. If you want a thicker sauce to serve over pasta, add an extra cup of marinara sauce in the last 30 minutes of cooking. You can also remove the cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes until the sauce reduces.
For sure you want to serve Pepperoni Pizza Pot Roast with something that can soak up all that delicious marinara sauce, like Dinner Rolls and Mashed Potatoes. Its also a great with Italian pastas with red sauce like Baked Spaghetti (without the ground beef) and Stuffed Shells. You could also make delicious sandwiches with some Garlic Bread and provolone cheese!
MORE FUN FAMILY FAVORITE RECIPES
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS PEPPERONI PIZZA POT ROAST
- Meat: Try bone-in chicken breasts or thighs (or a whole chicken, cut in pieces) instead of beef in this pot roast recipe. Chicken is going to braise faster but it will be fall off the bone delicious!
- Mushrooms: Add in sliced white mushrooms or crimini mushrooms during the last 30 minutes of cooking for a more cacciatore-style sauce.
- Pizza Toppings: You can add other pizza favorites like black olives, tomatoes, or cooked ground sausage. The tomatoes and sausage can go in with the sauce, but the olives should go in the last 30 minutes.
- Low Carb: Serve Pepperoni Pizza Pot Roast as a Keto dinner. Skip the pasta, bread, and potatoes and serve over Spaghetti Squash. Top lots of mozzarella cheese.
Oven Roasted Pepperoni Pizza Pot Roast
Finish Pepperoni Pot Roast in the oven instead of the stovetop. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare the pot roast according to the recipe card. Once everything is in the dutch oven and combined, cover and place in the oven. Cook for 2 ½ to 3 hours.
Slow Cooker Pepperoni Pizza Pot Roast
- In a large skillet, sear the seasoned chuck roast 6-8 minutes on both sides.
- Place beef in slow cooker.
- Sauté onions if you like in the hot skillet for 3-4 minutes, and deglaze pan with beef broth.
- Add all the ingredients, including sautéed onions and broth, to the slow cooker with beef. Stir to combine.
- Cover crockpot with lid. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high 3-4 hours, until meat is fork tender.
Instant Pot Pepperoni Pizza Pot Roast
- Season beef and set Instant Pot to Sauté Function. Add oil to pot.
- Once oil is hot and shimmering, brown beef on all sides and then set aside.
- Sauté onions until translucent and add bell peppers, cooking 2-3 minutes more.
- Deglaze Instant Pot (set on warm/cancel) with beef broth, scraping any brown bits from bottom and sides.
- Add the beef back to the pot along with all the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine and secure lid.
- Set valve to sealed and cook on Manual High Pressure for 70 minutes.
- Release pressure naturally before removing and serving.
MORE DELICIOUS CHUCK ROAST RECIPES:
HOW TO STORE PEPPERONI PIZZA POT ROAST
- Serve: Keep Pepperoni Pizza Pot Roast at room temperature no more than 2 hours before refrigerating.
- Store: Cool pot roast and place in an airtight containers. Refrigerate Pepperoni Pizza Pot Roast for up to 4 days.
- Freeze: Once meat and sauce is cooled, transfer to sealed containers and freeze for up to 3 months. To reheat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator and heat in oven or on stovetop.
- 3 pounds beef chuck roast , boneless
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 large yellow onion , diced
- 1 green bell pepper , cut into 1” chunks
- 1 red bell pepper , cut into 1” chunks
- 20 pepperonis
- 24 ounces marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Season beef with salt and pepper, then add to a large dutch oven with oil on medium-high heat.
- Cook on both sides until seared well, 6-8 minutes on each side.
- Remove the beef from the pot and add in the onions.
- Sauté until translucent and lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add in the green and red bell peppers, pepperonis, marinara sauce, seasonings, beef broth and Worcestershire sauce and stir well.
- Add the beef back to the pot, cover and cook for 3 hours.