Baked Spinach Artichoke Chicken is an easy family dinner topped off with a spinach and artichoke mixture made with cream cheese, parmesan, and garlic.
If you like Spinach Artichoke Dip, then this is sure to become a new favorite Weeknight Chicken Dinner. The rich, cream cheese topping is inspired by spinach artichoke dip complete with melty cheese, artichoke hearts, and spinach.
BAKED SPINACH ARTICHOKE CHICKEN
This is definitely one of those chicken recipes that you’ll find yourself going to again and again for an easy weeknight option. The recipe ingredients come together in just a few minutes, then all you have to do is pop it in the oven. You’ll have the ultimate comfort food with an artichoke, spinach, and gooey cheese topper in under an hour.
The amazing layer of cream cheese, parmesan, and veggies definitely takes this basic roasted chicken recipe to a new level. You won’t be able to get enough of the melty cheese and rich spinach and artichoke mixture.
This Creamy Spinach Artichoke Chicken has so much flavor on its own that the dinner will taste great served with basic side dishes. For a super simple and filling dish, serve the chicken pieces over your choice of Brown Rice, white rice, or cauliflower rice.
The chicken and gooey cheese topping would also go great with other comfort foods like Garlic Roasted Potatoes or Buttery Garlic Bread. Both recipes would pair well with the garlicky flavor already in the spinach and artichoke topping. Honestly, this chicken is so good that it would taste amazing with most of your go-to sides.
MORE CHICKEN DINNERS
- Prep time: Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Then spray the baking dish with nonstick cooking spray so that the chicken pieces don’t get stuck to the pan.
- Spinach and artichoke topping: Add the softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, minced garlic cloves, Parmesan cheese, artichoke hearts, and frozen spinach to a mixing bowl. Stir the ingredients until the cream cheese mixture is well combined.
- Cooking time: Season the boneless skinless chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then transfer chicken to the baking dish. Spoon the spinach and artichoke mixture out of the bowl and over the boneless chicken breasts. Top with extra grated parmesan cheese. Then put the dish in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes. Once the chicken is browned, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees before taking it out of the oven and serving.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
- Fresh spinach low-fat yogurt topping: For a healthier recipe, you can replace the cream cheese mixture with a low-fat Greek yogurt mixture. Use the yogurt to replace the cream cheese and the mayonnaise base in the recipe. It has a similar tangy taste to the cream cheese, is healthier, and will still make a nice creamy sauce.
- Cheese topping: Add different kinds of cheeses along with or instead of the parmesan cheese in the topping. Mozzarella cheese, white cheddar, gouda, Jack, feta cheese, or shredded Italian cheese blend would all taste great over this chicken recipe.
- Seasonings: To experiment with the flavor, try seasoning the chicken with your favorite spices like a bit of garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, paprika, or red pepper flakes.
HOW TO STORE
- Serve: You never want to leave baked chicken at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Store: Once the chicken has cooled down, seal it in an airtight container to store the leftovers. They’ll stay good for up to 3 days.
- Freeze: You could also seal and freeze the chicken for up to 6 months.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese , shredded
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts , drained and chopped
- 1 cup chopped frozen spinach , drained and squeezed well
- 4 chicken breasts , boneless skinless
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese , grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix the mayonnaise, cream cheese, garlic, Parmesan cheese, artichoke hearts, and spinach.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and place into the baking dish.
- Spread the spinach artichoke mixture over the top of the chicken breasts.
- Top with the grated parmesan cheese and bake for 30-40 minutes until browned and cooked through.
Famtastic, the kids loved it.
Whole family LOVED it, and kept thanking me for dinner. Will make again for sure, and so easy!
Like this recipe idea, adding it to the cooking list. Also, the pictures of this were really taken very well. Helps to show what the final cooking results should look like.
This looks and sounds delicious. My question is, there are 4 chicken breasts, yet, the recipe indicates it makes 8 servings. So, is a serving half of a breast? Thanks.
I really want to try this but I’m wondering the same thing