Cherry Kiss Cookies are sweet, soft cherry almond cookies with cherry chunks and a chocolate kiss in the center. Perfect for Valentine’s Day!
If you’ve tried Hershey’s Kiss Cookies, this is a delicious fruit version of it. The milk chocolate Hershey’s Kiss is the perfect complement to the tart cherries. Make this Cookie Recipe in February or throughout the holiday season.
When it comes to Holiday Desserts, it’s always fun to make a treat with a nice pop of color. These Cherry Kiss Cookies come out with a nice pinkish red color from the food coloring, and have deep red dotted throughout from the cherries. They will make a beautiful addition to any table or dessert tray.
Just like Red Velvet Kiss Cookies, the cherry version is perfect for Valentine’s Day. Bake up a batch to make your house more festive, give as gifts, or send in your kids lunchboxes. The beautiful color and cute Hershey’s Kiss on top are enough to brighten up anyone’s day.
The combination of flavors in Cherry Kiss Cookies is amazing. Sweet and tart cherries blend with the buttery almond cookie, and it’s all topped off with a creamy chocolate kiss. It is also an easy recipe to make fairly quickly. From start to finish it’s less than 20 minutes before you are enjoying a rich, buttery cookie with tangy cherries throughout. What could be better?
More Cherry Desserts
How to Make Easy Cherry Cookies
- Prep: Take the butter from the fridge ahead of time to make sure it’s softened. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line your baking sheet so it is ready when the cookie batter is.
- Batter: Add the softened butter and powdered sugar to your stand mixer. Make sure to mix the two together for at least a minute to make sure they are well combined and fluffy. Add the other liquid ingredients of cherry juice, almond extract, and red food coloring, and mix until smooth. Put the stand mixer on its lowest speed and add in the flour and salt. Be careful not to over-mix at this point. Lastly fold in the maraschino cherry chunks.
- Bake: Roll the cookie dough into 1 inch balls, and place them on the baking sheet. Make sure to keep the dough at least an inch apart so that the cookies stay separate when they spread. Bake for 8-10 minutes, keep your eye on them, and when they start to become slightly golden on top take them out.
- Serve: When the cookies are done baking gently press Hershey’s Kisses into the center of each cookie while they’re still soft. Let them cool for 5 minutes, then remove them from the baking sheet.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
Frequently Asked Questions
To experiment with the flavoring of the cookies try using different kinds of extract instead of almond extract. Vanilla extract, coconut extract, orange extract, or even rum extract could taste amazing in this cookie recipe.
There are so many different kinds of chocolate Kisses you can use to top these cookies. You can use almond Hershey’s Kisses, white chocolate Kisses, dark Kisses, or Cafe Moka Kisses.
Try different kinds of chopped fruits in the cookies instead of cherries. Cranberries, blueberries, or strawberries would all taste great in cookies.
More Valentine Dessert Recipes
How to Store Cherry Kiss Cookies
- Serve: You can keep Cherry Kiss Cookies at room temperature for 2-3 days. Keep them in your pantry in an airtight container after they’ve cooled down.
- Store: Put them in a ziplock bag or other airtight container to store in the fridge. They will stay good for up to a week.
- Freeze: You can also store cookies in the freezer for up to 6 months. Put them in a freezer bag with the layers separated by parchment paper. Let them thaw in the fridge before enjoying again.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 drops red food coloring
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherries , chopped
- 30 milk chocolate kisses
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add butter and powdered sugar to your stand mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add in the maraschino cherry juice, almond extract, and red food coloring until smooth.
- Add in the flour and salt on the lowest speed setting until just combined.
- Stir in the maraschino cherry chunks.
- Roll 1 inch balls of cookie dough and bake 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Right when the cookies come out of the oven press the kisses into the center of each cookie and press down gently.
- Let cookie sit for 5 minutes before removing from the baking sheet.