Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfectly light, fluffy cookies that melt in your mouth with the addition of delicious chocolate chips throughout.
This easy and delicious Cookie Recipe is perfect to serve for a holiday dessert, enjoy with a cup of coffee in the morning, or as an after-school snack for kids. It’s the perfect combination of Chocolate Chip Cookies and Cream Cheese Cookies.
CREAM CHEESE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
It’s really hard to beat cream cheese as a baking ingredient. Whether you’re topping a dessert with Cream Cheese Frosting or adding it to the batter, like with these cookies, it adds a slight tang to the otherwise sweet treat that is just delicious. Mixing cream cheese into your cookies makes them unbelievably moist, rich, and velvety.
Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies are sweet, but not too sweet, light as a cloud, and have just a hint of vanilla. It’s hard to think of anything better. They are perfect to enjoy as an indulgent dessert with Vanilla Ice Cream or as a sweet snack on their own. They make a wonderful accompaniment to enjoy with a cup of coffee in the morning. No matter when you have them or how you serve them, these cookies are sure to be a favorite with you and your whole family!
TOPPINGS FOR CREAM CHEESE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
These simple cream cheese cookies are easy to change up with sweet and festive toppings. You can make them the perfect cookie for any occasion depending on how you decorate them. For something simple that still makes them look elegant, just sprinkle some powdered sugar over the top of the cookies. You can do the same thing with sea salt if you want a salted chocolate chip cookie. To make Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies into the perfect holiday treat, just add themed sprinkles to the top. Some red and green sanding sugar is an easy way to make them Christmas party ready.
MORE CLASSIC COOKIE RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING CREAM CHEESE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Make sure to leave the butter and cream cheese at room temperature for some time before starting the recipe so they are nicely softened.
- Mix the butter, cream cheese, and sugar in your stand mixer for at least a minute to make sure it becomes nice and fluffy.
- Don’t skip refrigerating the dough. Cover the dough and put it in the fridge for at least an hour before baking the cookies.
- When you scoop the dough onto the sheet, make sure to leave 2 inches between each cookie. That way when the cookies begin to spread they won’t stick together.
- Let it cook just until lightly golden.
- Cool the cookies for at least 5 minutes before removing them from the baking sheet.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CREAM CHEESE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Chocolate chips: You can slightly change the taste of the Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies depending on what kinds of chocolate chips you use. Try either semi-sweet, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or white chocolate chips in the cookies. In addition to chocolate, you can also add in butterscotch or cinnamon chips.
- Mix-ins: For some different add-ins try mixing in nuts like pecans, almonds, or cashews to give some crunch. You could also add dried fruit like cherries, cranberries, or raisins. For other mix-ins try putting bits of caramel and sea salt on top of the cookies.
- Flavors: You can try different flavors like a little bit of lemon juice or peppermint extract. You can also mix in some spices like nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon and cloves.
MORE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
HOW TO STORE CREAM CHEESE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Serve: You can keep Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies sealed at room temperature for up to a week.
- Store: To store the cookies for up to 2 weeks, put them in an airtight container in the fridge after they cool.
- Freeze: You can also freeze Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies for up to 6 months. Let them thaw in the fridge before serving.
- Add butter, cream cheese, and sugar to your stand mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt then add to the stand mixer on the lowest speed setting.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate the batter for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a heaping tablespoon of dough with a 1 tablespoon-sized cookie scoop and add dough 2 inches apart, then dip the bottom of a cup in powdered sugar and press the cookie dough down gently to flatten.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges are *just* beginning to brown so they are still soft and tender.
- Let cool 5 minutes before removing from the baking sheet.